Unable to visit community properties

by tinaiam2002

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unable to visit community properties

★★ Novice

Hello! 
I recently downloaded Pets. After downloading I’m unable to visit community properties. I can visit the dog park but I’m unable to go on trials etc..

Message 1 of 4 (276 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Unable to visit community properties

[ Edited ]
Champion

@tinaiam2002 I'm not sure I'm understanding the before and after for your situation, so please bear with me and correct my misunderstandings:

• If you have a dog and want to take them for a walk, next you can click their pie menu and go to Pet Care > Go for Walk (or Jog) - you can choose long, medium, or short. 
  • Now your sim will autonomously take the dog for a walk - then return home (in theory - in some situations the return home automatically didn't work right for me, but we won't go into that...)
  • If you want them to return home early, click the 'home' icon on your sim's profile pic ("Go Home").
    Screen Shot 2020-04-16 at 4.44.52 PM.png
  • They will only be able to walk to locations that are in their current world. You will be able to click locations (community) to see if it's a location they can walk to, but if it is a location that shows a car and you click onto it your sim will 'travel' suddenly with in the travel loading screen. I don't believe you will, for instance, be able to enter most community lots via 'walking' , but will have to 'travel' to them.
  • You should be able to travel with your sim to the dog park, then when you want to walk on the trails choose the 'go for walk' option as described above.
SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (233 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Champion

@tinaiam2002 I'm not sure I'm understanding the before and after for your situation, so please bear with me and correct my misunderstandings:

• If you have a dog and want to take them for a walk, next you can click their pie menu and go to Pet Care > Go for Walk (or Jog) - you can choose long, medium, or short. 
  • Now your sim will autonomously take the dog for a walk - then return home (in theory - in some situations the return home automatically didn't work right for me, but we won't go into that...)
  • If you want them to return home early, click the 'home' icon on your sim's profile pic ("Go Home").
    Screen Shot 2020-04-16 at 4.44.52 PM.png
  • They will only be able to walk to locations that are in their current world. You will be able to click locations (community) to see if it's a location they can walk to, but if it is a location that shows a car and you click onto it your sim will 'travel' suddenly with in the travel loading screen. I don't believe you will, for instance, be able to enter most community lots via 'walking' , but will have to 'travel' to them.
  • You should be able to travel with your sim to the dog park, then when you want to walk on the trails choose the 'go for walk' option as described above.

Message 2 of 4 (234 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes! Thank you 

I was confused. I’m able to walk to those destinations. I thought I needed to click and take a car lol. So sorry thank you for your help 

Message 3 of 4 (214 Views)

Champion

@tinaiam2002 No problem, happy to help! 😊

Message 4 of 4 (198 Views)