Unable to find friends on new HD games

by irishsugarbear

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unable to find friends on new HD games

★ Novice

Unable to join friends on new HD games.  Pogo shows me where they are when i bring up my friends list, but when I click the link next to my friends name, it takes me to the game, but then it doesnt show me any friends playing.  They also report the same issue.  This happens on games like Canasta, Spades, Gin.  What am i doing wrong?

Message 1 of 7 (721 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Unable to find friends on new HD games

Community Manager (retired)

Hey there, @irishsugarbear.

It's very possible your friend is already in an active game, which is why they don't show under Friends' Tables. If a table is already in play, even if there's robots in the seats, the seats are filled and the table disappears.

If you create a table, and then wait for your friends to join before the game starts, they can then see your table as available to join.

I hope that helps!

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post?  Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (675 Views)

All Replies

Hey there, @irishsugarbear.

It's very possible your friend is already in an active game, which is why they don't show under Friends' Tables. If a table is already in play, even if there's robots in the seats, the seats are filled and the table disappears.

If you create a table, and then wait for your friends to join before the game starts, they can then see your table as available to join.

I hope that helps!

Arrenai Cat

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 7 (676 Views)

Hey there, @irishsugarbear. I'm just checking in. After my tips, are you still having difficulty seeing your friend in-game?

Arrenai Cat

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Stay and Play.png
Message 3 of 7 (636 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@BACARDIGUZZLERHV Anyway how do I get into card games? The options are not there.
Message 4 of 7 (494 Views)

Hey there, @BACARDIGUZZLERHV.

To find the card games, you can use the search field at the top of the new Pogo experience, or you can use the drop-downs from the top. Games > Card will have the full list of non-poker games available.

I hope that helps!

Arrenai Cat

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Stay and Play.png
Message 5 of 7 (449 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It answered my question but why can't we see our friend even if they are playing bots.  I like to play bots while I am waiting and at least my friend can see that I am there. 

Bring back the chat rooms for games. 

Message 6 of 7 (350 Views)

Hey there, @itsmepeggy.

The reason friends don't show up when they're playing bots is because the bots take up a seat and the game is considered started. If the seats are full, the table delists. If there are open seats and the game hasn't started yet, then the table is available.

I'll certainly take your feedback on how tables display though. We really appreciate it. I'll send it over to the Pogo team. Thanks!

As for the chat rooms, good news! All HTML5 games now have chat rooms available. Just click on the talk bubble icon in the lower right corner to start chat. This can help a ton in organizing games with your friends.

For more information on chat, check out the Pogo Blog article here: https://blog.pogo.com/pogochat/

I hope that helps!

Arrenai Cat

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Stay and Play.png
Message 7 of 7 (320 Views)