Re: Unable To Place Stairs Under Ground Level (Basement)

by Stoopyxxx

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unable To Place Stairs Under Ground Level (Basement)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.70.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions apart from Eco, All game packs other than StrangerVille, Spa Day, and Jungle Adventure. I have the Stuff Packs Laundry Day, Tiny Living, Toddler Stuff, Bowling Night and Moschino.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Build a house on-oop I changed the lot name-basically the empty lot next to Streamlet single in Willow Creek (neighbourhood Foundry Cove). Choose some stairs and try to put them below the ground level (basement level one). You will get the error message No matter where you put them.
What happens when the bug occurs? I get the error message 'Bottom of Stairs are Off Lot' and I can not build a fish basement.
What do you expect to see? The stairs placing correctly and not showing an error message, so that I can build a fish basement.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I installed Tiny Living, and dowloaded a bit of CC

Side note: I've tried repairing through Origin, not working. Going to take out my mods now. This is annoying as I really want to build a fishment for my Baby Challenge sim. How is she meant to survive the next four years without a Basement of Doom to lock her toddlers in?!

I have uploaded a short unlisted video to my YouTube channel, I will link it here because whenever I try to upload a photo/video here it shows up sO tInY that you can't even see it. 

here is the video: https://youtu.be/UkqBlr4_ub0

Message 1 of 5 (8,197 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Stoopyxxx 

Stairs will not place the way you are trying to do it in the video.  You have to build a basement room first then put in the stairs that go up in the basement.

Hope this helps.

View in thread

Message 3 of 5 (8,123 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Ahhhhh. Told you, I am cursed with posting videos/photos on here.

Hold on. You can't see anything with the Sims 4 screen recording anyways. Time to bring out the big guns, boys. I'm loading Bandicam.

Video that you can actually watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-xhBedzVco

Message 2 of 5 (8,196 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Stoopyxxx 

Stairs will not place the way you are trying to do it in the video.  You have to build a basement room first then put in the stairs that go up in the basement.

Hope this helps.

Message 3 of 5 (8,124 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Thanks, xD I've been playing the Sims since 2012 and you think I would know that xD 

Guess It's just because it was a Baby Challenge Sim so I didn't have the money for a fishment yet, just the stairs, so I didn't even think about that

Message 4 of 5 (8,092 Views)

★★★ Novice

I get error that stairs can’t be placed on terrain; happens again after I install top flooring; Not sure how to workaround this; I have as sons and cc.Windows 10_11 PC

Message 5 of 5 (3,059 Views)