Um, How do I post on The Sims Forums?

by FrankieSimis

Original Post

Re: Um, How do I post on The Sims Forums?

★★★★★ Novice
How do you become a full member?
I still dont know how to make my own discussion post - i just made an account yesterday
Message 51 of 69 (1,319 Views)

Champion

@Moonlight_Love12, you can't create your own post until you become a full remember, and you can't become a full remember until you get some Experience Points. Wink To get EXP you need to do one of three things:

1.) Reply to other people's posts 

2.) Like other people's posts

3.) Have other people like the replies you made to someone else's posts (although you don't have control over this one!)

Keep doing these things and you will become a full member. Angel This system had to be put into place because people were abusing the old system with fake accounts, spam, bots, and all sorts of disruptive behavior! Disappointed

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 52 of 69 (1,306 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I'm sorry, at what level/points/etc. do you need in order to post a discussion? I had a question about lots with the new terrain features. It says in the help center that you need to have 50 points and 30 posts, but to create a post, how many points do I need? Are posts and discussions the same thing?

Message 53 of 69 (1,256 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I can comment at these other replies, but can't when I want to comment on other subjects??

Message 54 of 69 (1,222 Views)

Champion

@amalie44, sadly you can only comment on someone else's post until you get enough XP to be come an actual member.  So, if nobody has addressed your topic that you want to bring up or ask a question on, you either have to wait until you are a member or ask your question here at the EA Answers HQ. Wink  But it shouldn't take too long to become a member (there was a glitch when I first started on the Sims4 Forums to where even after hundreds of XP it still wouldn't allow some people to become members DisappointedFrownAngry  … then all of a sudden, one day the problem was fixed and a whole slew of us were all made members at the same time! :eahigh_file:  So just be happy you don't have to worry about that problem anymore! Wink )

Message 55 of 69 (1,204 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am actually trying to post on someone else's post but I can't even do that. I don't see the comment box at all. I even checked other threads, to see if the post itself had been closed. HELP PLEASE!

123457.png

Message 56 of 69 (1,147 Views)

Unable to leave a comment

★★★ Novice

Hello I know I'm a new member so I'll start of by saying I am not trying to make a new thread just post on someone else's thread but I can't even do that. The comment box is not at the end of the thread. It was fine a few days ago but when I came today to ask for help on the issue Ive been having trying to save a build I noticed it just wasn't there. I tried refreshing, closing the tab, logging out then back in, checking if maybe it was closed, checking other threads but I can't do anything. Please help.123457.png

Message 57 of 69 (1,144 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@BloodGoddess77, there should be at the very bottom of the page a text box with the caption of "Leave a Comment" (as well as some formatting tools).Thinking  Before I was a member and wanted to reply to someone further up on the page, I just had to use their name to address them directly. 

Is there a text box at the bottom of the page you are trying to post on? Wondering

Message 58 of 69 (1,149 Views)

Re: Unable to leave a comment

Champion

@BloodGoddess77, I answered your post on the other thread that you asked the same question on.  Please see that post. Wink

Message 59 of 69 (1,142 Views)

★★★ Novice

For some reason there isn't. I even post on other peoples threads a few days ago but now it disappeared.

Message 60 of 69 (1,150 Views)