UI Extension Mod not working

by fluffedragon

Original Post

Accepted Solution

UI Extension Mod not working

★★ Novice

I installed the UI extension mod and when right click the needs bar I put the number I want in it just doesn;t do it... It works when I add money to the household money. Also when I try to get rid of a moodlet it doesn't work. this is the only Script mod I have but I have a lot of other custom content 

Message 1 of 5 (2,789 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: UI Extension Mod not working

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Hi @fluffedragon sure, when using mods/cc, they need a lot of upkeep and make sure you don't  have any cc for sims 3. Basically with a 50/50 you take out all mod folders and add them back  (links below with a full description) or if just "some cc" take them all out and add them back 5 or so at a time, checking your game each time to see if its fixed. Each time, also delete the localthumcache file frim your sims 4 folder (one up from mods) as this can have residual problems and Origin remakes it when starting your game again.

...Mods and CC require maintenance to keep them in your game, if the modder has not updated it after a game patch/update it may be broken (you can check via the mod tracker for reported broken, etc mods). The process of culling & removing it, to find the broken mod is the only option though, you'll find it won't be 'all of them' but a few or even just 'one'.. 

After every patch or game update, this is a necessary process, to add your mods back to your game, folder by folder and starting it each time to test to see if it's ok to play. (nb: you should keep them separated for ease of checking, btw)

Seeing that you're new to using cc/mods please check my post here on maintaining your game.  as there is many tips including the 50/50 method and tools to help you fix your game and how to find the broken mod/cc. 

Hope this helps. 

Sasha.

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (2,682 Views)

All Replies

★★ Pro

Hi @fluffedragon I use this mod, without any issues, can you confirm you downloaded it from Patreon, and Not Mod The Sims (that version is for legacy only)..

It was last updated in July, and is working, at any rate, if you do have the correct version: v1.18.0 then do a 'culling session', or 50/50 to find the broken cc that is interfering.

Sasha

I have no connection to EA, am an Avid Mods/CC user, but don't make them, I cannot help via pm.

Simsonic Weebly, also Incorporating the Mod TrackerSimsonic Weebly, also Incorporating the Mod Tracker

Message 2 of 5 (2,763 Views)

★★ Novice
@Sashas0nic Thank you for the reply; I have downloaded from Patreon. Also I don't know what a 'culling session' is or a 50/50 is.... If you can explain what that is I could do it Standard smile
Message 3 of 5 (2,708 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Hi @fluffedragon sure, when using mods/cc, they need a lot of upkeep and make sure you don't  have any cc for sims 3. Basically with a 50/50 you take out all mod folders and add them back  (links below with a full description) or if just "some cc" take them all out and add them back 5 or so at a time, checking your game each time to see if its fixed. Each time, also delete the localthumcache file frim your sims 4 folder (one up from mods) as this can have residual problems and Origin remakes it when starting your game again.

...Mods and CC require maintenance to keep them in your game, if the modder has not updated it after a game patch/update it may be broken (you can check via the mod tracker for reported broken, etc mods). The process of culling & removing it, to find the broken mod is the only option though, you'll find it won't be 'all of them' but a few or even just 'one'.. 

After every patch or game update, this is a necessary process, to add your mods back to your game, folder by folder and starting it each time to test to see if it's ok to play. (nb: you should keep them separated for ease of checking, btw)

Seeing that you're new to using cc/mods please check my post here on maintaining your game.  as there is many tips including the 50/50 method and tools to help you fix your game and how to find the broken mod/cc. 

Hope this helps. 

Sasha.

Message 4 of 5 (2,683 Views)

★★ Novice
@Sashas0nic Thank you so much I will do this and hopefully this will work Standard smile
Message 5 of 5 (2,635 Views)