Re: UI Cheats mod not working

by ValFreya13

Original Post

UI Cheats mod not working

★★★ Newbie

Since I downloaded the new version of the UI Cheats mod for the recent patch, none of the cheats will work. The box comes up to change the value of the need, or to approve a promotion etc., but the cheat doesn't actually work. I tried moving my mods folder, restarting the game, and then re-downloading the mod in the new Mods folder, but that didn't work. I also tried repairing the game from Origin, but that didn't change anything either. I use this mod all the time so I would really appreciate some help! Standard smile

Message 1 of 10 (7,271 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@ashleysims02 

Are you sure it is the newest from the authors patreon site? Notice that the one on ModtheSims only work with the Legacy Edition.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 10 (7,222 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the exact same problem 

Message 3 of 10 (6,120 Views)

★★★ Guide
@AleWex1 The most recent version of this mod was updated on Mar 3rd 2021. Did you download the recent version?
Message 4 of 10 (6,099 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@ashleysims02  It's working generally fine for me, however with adding (retail) perks it isn't, I can add them (though it also resets to a '690' amount, it also has no effect when entering the perks menu itself. Clicking to 'unlock' seems to work also, but will not show it as being: unlocked nor can I purchase them, a workaround atm for myself, is getting some other retail mods to at least add more staff..

I am still trying to find time to find out what may be incompatible with this mod that I use. as Weerbesu is usually on par with his mods, but it is up to the user, to ensure compatibility with other mods you use.

When you have time, & if you do have the latest UI Cheats, the best idea may be to: 'cull' of your mods with a test game, leaving UI Cheats in and cull the rest, adding a group of folders back, at a time to check for any incompatibilities.

Edit: Decided to check in a test game, by removing all apart from Weerbesu's mods, and can confirm that it still happens.

1: Seems I can only 'add' points one time for 'Retail' which I did then purchased a few, went back out to redo, add more, it resets and does not work. 

2: It only adds to the Retail Perk points, when using the Vet or Restaurant options after the first time, in the UI menu (it has all three) though does not recognize the points when added to the 'Retail' perk points option after. 

UI_Cheats

Sasha

I have no connection to EA, am an Avid Mods/CC user, but don't make them:
Simsonic Weebly, Incorporating the Mod Tracker.
, am an Avid Mods/CC user, but don't make them
Message 5 of 10 (6,070 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@jpkarlsen When I install the UI Cheats and start up the game, my bar that normaly have the photo of the sim, the phone and where I can see each person in the house hold along with the needs bar is gone, I have to use my task manager to close the game because it wont allow me to do anything else. when I remove the UI cheats everything is back. How can I fix this?
Message 6 of 10 (5,980 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@CDBrooks621 

Upgrade UI cheats to the latest supported by the author,

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 7 of 10 (5,969 Views)

★★★ Guide
@CDBrooks621

From UI Cheats Patron page:
"If you experience UI issues from this mod (such as missing interface, graphical glitches on UI panels, freezing menus, glitched gallery, etc.), it is always because there is a mismatch between your game version and the mod version."

Make sure that you are
A) running the most recent version of the mod (v1.23 as of this posting)
B) the correct version of the game (i.e. that you have updated your game to the most recent patch)

If you are playing a Legacy game then that also requires a different version of the mod.
Message 8 of 10 (5,942 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Mine does not work either have tried restarting and repaired was working before and not now when the script is on it does not work when it's off it worked

Have updated to the updated version but still don't work.

Message 9 of 10 (161 Views)

@7aefdb802e910595 The most common reason your UI Extensions mod aren't working:

- You have an earlier version of the game than the mod is for: Update your game.

- You're putting the mod too many folders deep. It can be in Mods or in Mods > Subfolder but no further than that.

- You have duplicate copies; check your Mods folder for this

In your case, perhaps you're having issues with the script mod settings sticking, though. Check your antivirus software to make sure it's not interfering: https://answers.ea.com/t5/PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Anti-Virus-blocking-User-Folder-Screenshots/td-p/9572695

Sul sul!
I don't work for EA, and I don't do private support.
I do receive products from EA as part of the EA Creator Network.
Have you backed up your Saves? Checked for broken and updated mods/CC?
Message 10 of 10 (68 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help