Two Small Issues...Known Bugs or Intended?

by Braxien

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Two Small Issues...Known Bugs or Intended?

★★ Guide

So I have all expansion packs and just downloaded Snowy Escape.

Since the last patch (but before I downloaded the new expansion) I've noticed two issues that have started, and I'm not sure if they're bugs or intended...I can't imagine the latter, but here goes:

1) My pets no longer go to the bathroom. I have a dog and a cat and never seems to have any excretory activities...known new bug?

2) Randomly, when my Sims are doing things that are not normally money costing, repeated deductions of -15 or -18 simoleons will be withdrawn. For example, today my Sim was practicing writing on the computer and his wife was doing yoga. A few successive (about 5 seconds a part) deductions of those amounts were taken. Neither were buying or paying or anything...

Any insight on these? If not, I'll bug report them. Thanks!!

Message 1 of 4 (519 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Two Small Issues...Known Bugs or Intended?

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Braxien Depending on how you tested whether the Mod(s) or CC could be causing the pets to not 'pee/poo', you could try a 'reset' method to check that which may catch something else, if you didn't use this method before: 

Resetting your game without reinstalling:

• Exit your game and Origin.
  • Move your ‘The Sims 4’ folder ( Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 ) to your desktop. (Save this “The Sims 4” folder for reference.)
  • Then start the game, and a new ‘The Sims 4’ folder will be created by the game.
  • Test to see if the issue is present in the new, vanilla game. 
  • Re-add a copy of the ‘options.ini’, ‘screenshots’ folder, ‘saves’ folder, and ‘tray’ folder from the “The Sims 4” folder on your desktop into your new “The Sims 4” folder ( Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 ). Replace/overwrite the newly generated files/ folders with the old files/folders from the desktop “The Sims 4” folder.

Now see if your game runs properly. If it does you can try re-adding your Mods/CC one at a time to see if the issue returns. If you have a lot of Mods/CC you can try the 50/50 Method.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (431 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Braxien 

• Do you play with Mods or CC (or have you in the past)? If so, please try the following:
    Move your Mods folder from your "The Sims 4" folder [Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4] to your desktop (save it for reference) and delete the localthumbcache.package file in your “The Sims 4” folder. Then check in a new game save to see if this issue is still occurring. If the issue is gone, please re-add the Mods/CC one at a time until you find the one causing the issue. If you have a lot of Mods/CC you can try the 50/50 Method.
  • You can try a game repair:
    Open Origin, click ‘Game Library’ then right-click Sims 4 > Repair Game
    If you’re on PC, make sure to let it run until it has completed all repairs (it will do the base game first, then run through each of your DLCs (Expansion Packs, Game Packs and Stuff Packs).
    If you’re on Mac, the repair in Origin will only repair your base game. Learn why and how to repair your DLCs (Expansion Packs, Game Packs and Stuff Packs) at this link: https://bluebellflora.com/2020/06/17/repairing-sims-4-packs-in-origin/

Edit: There is another post about losing money that you may want to check to see if it matches your issue. If it does (and you have no Mods/CC causing the issue), perhaps making a bug report then notifying on that post so they could see if they want to 'me too' your bug report and add their information would be advisable? https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Feedback/Losing-25-simolians/td-p/9769838

Message 2 of 4 (478 Views)

★★ Guide
@SheriGR Thanks. I do play with mods but have already ruled those out. First of all, I figured out the second issue *was* a mod issue (I had a mod for them to get drinks from the refrigerator and that was the random 15 and 13 and 18 simoleons issue).

The pet issue, on the other hand, does not seem mod related. Very odd...
Message 3 of 4 (446 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Braxien Depending on how you tested whether the Mod(s) or CC could be causing the pets to not 'pee/poo', you could try a 'reset' method to check that which may catch something else, if you didn't use this method before: 

Resetting your game without reinstalling:

• Move your ‘The Sims 4’ folder ( Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 ) to your desktop. (Save this “The Sims 4” folder for reference.)
  • Then start the game, and a new ‘The Sims 4’ folder will be created by the game.
  • Test to see if the issue is present in the new, vanilla game. 
  • Re-add a copy of the ‘options.ini’, ‘screenshots’ folder, ‘saves’ folder, and ‘tray’ folder from the “The Sims 4” folder on your desktop into your new “The Sims 4” folder ( Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 ). Replace/overwrite the newly generated files/ folders with the old files/folders from the desktop “The Sims 4” folder.

Now see if your game runs properly. If it does you can try re-adding your Mods/CC one at a time to see if the issue returns. If you have a lot of Mods/CC you can try the 50/50 Method.

Message 4 of 4 (432 Views)