Re: Trouble with becoming a Magician in the Sims 4

by PugLove888

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Trouble with becoming a Magician in the Sims 4

★★ Novice

When i go to the Magic "kingdom"/ land and i talk to the magicians with symbol over there head, The question about magic never appear. Not even if im good friends with one.

Does anybody else have that problem? Or can help me?

I reasonly bought it and i cant really play the came before i became a Magicion.

Message 1 of 7 (993 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion

@Elisetv, in order to become a Spellcaster (magician) you cannot be any other supernatural type of Sim.  So, are the Sims you are trying to turn into Spellcasters any other type of supernatural?  Are they Aliens, Vampires, or Mermaids perhaps?Wondering

Also, do you happen to use any Mods or Custom Content (CC)? Wondering Outdated Mods/CC can cause your game to act in unexpected ways. Disappointed

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (970 Views)

All Replies

Champion

@Elisetv, in order to become a Spellcaster (magician) you cannot be any other supernatural type of Sim.  So, are the Sims you are trying to turn into Spellcasters any other type of supernatural?  Are they Aliens, Vampires, or Mermaids perhaps?Wondering

Also, do you happen to use any Mods or Custom Content (CC)? Wondering Outdated Mods/CC can cause your game to act in unexpected ways. Disappointed

Message 2 of 7 (971 Views)

★★ Novice

@PugLove888 

Yes My sim is an mermaid!! Aha! So thats why!! Do you know if there is possible to remove that??

Thank you so much!

Message 3 of 7 (954 Views)

Champion

@Elisetv, you are supposed to be able to reverse the Mermaid status by eating another piece of Mermadic Kelp (that is, if you ate Mermadic Kelp to become a Mermaid in the first place!  If you just made a Mermaid in CAS , then eating one  piece of Mermadic Kelp is supposed to make your Sim a regular human. Wink

However, I've heard that there was a bug with this, but it might have been fixed by now.Wondering  So, if you try eating Mermadic Kelp to stop being a Mermaid, you might want to save your game right before you eat the kelp. 

To get Mermadic Kelp you can either search the hidden cave (I think it is by the shipwreck lot) to find it, or if you have enough Aspiration Points, you can purchase Mermadic Kelp with your points from the Aspiration Store panel. You can also buy it in Build/Buy Mode if you use a cheat.  Bring up the cheat box and in it type bb.showhiddenobjects and press "Enter" .  Then go into Build/Buy mode and search for Kelp. 

Also, you can stop being a Mermaid by using a cheat. This and more is explained in Carl's The Sims 4 Guide's section on Island Living cheats:  https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/expansionpacks/islandliving/cheats.php

Please update us on if you are able to get your Sim to stop being a Mermaid and to become a Spellcaster! Angel

Message 4 of 7 (937 Views)

★★ Novice

@PugLove888  Thank you so much for the information! :D im gonna try it later today ^^,

Message 5 of 7 (926 Views)

★★ Novice

@PugLove888 

I tried it and it worked! :D i ate 2 mermaid kelps ^^,

thank you so much for your help! My frustration is now gone Standard smile

Message 6 of 7 (890 Views)

Champion

@Elisetv, I'm so happy you got it to work!   Thanks for updating us! Angel Happy Simming! Party hat

Message 7 of 7 (887 Views)