Re: Translation of the name of the districts in different languages.

by wallaosg

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Translation of the name of the districts in different languages.

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Português
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Changing the game language
What happens when the bug occurs? My game is in Portuguese (my native language), but with the update of the name in the districts of some worlds that were missing, some were in Portuguese and others in English.
What do you expect to see? Correct the translation.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This problem appeared after the last update 1.63.134.1020

Hello,

After the last update in which the name of the districts that were missing in some worlds was placed, I realized that some were named in Portuguese and others in English. It seems that there was a translation problem that did not complete the translation of the other districts into the language that was installed in my game (Portuguese). I don't know if this is happening in other languages.

- I put the images below with the problem.
- Newcrest's photos are missing, the names are all in English.

@SimGuruNick  @SimGuruArvin 

TS4_x64 2020-06-05 01-21-21-18.pngTS4_x64 2020-06-05 01-21-24-84.pngTS4_x64 2020-06-05 01-21-29-39.pngTS4_x64 2020-06-05 01-21-32-52.pngTS4_x64 2020-06-05 01-21-41-36.pngTS4_x64 2020-06-05 01-31-18-59.pngTS4_x64 2020-06-05 01-31-21-48.pngTS4_x64 2020-06-05 01-31-24-24.pngTS4_x64 2020-06-05 01-31-27-64.pngTS4_x64 2020-06-05 01-31-30-82.png

Message 1 of 7 (1,339 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager (retired)

This is intended, it is not super consistent but it is intended as these names were taken as proper names.

I can give feedback to the team tho and see if they want to keep it.

Thanks

View in thread

Message 4 of 7 (1,230 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@wallaosg If you start a new game, do you also have mixtures ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (1,285 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide
@crinrict Yes
Message 3 of 7 (1,257 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

This is intended, it is not super consistent but it is intended as these names were taken as proper names.

I can give feedback to the team tho and see if they want to keep it.

Thanks

Message 4 of 7 (1,231 Views)

Hero
@SimGuruRusskii Thanks for confirming.

@wallaosg Moving this to GD so people can give more feedback on it

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 7 (1,204 Views)

Missing Danish translations for various neighbourhoods/lots

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Dansk
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.64.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? The (most) relevant here is C&D, but I also have CL, Seasons, DU, Parenthood, JA, RoM, Laundry Day, My First Pet, Moschino, and Tiny Living.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Set the game in Danish.
What happens when the bug occurs? The major inconsistencies when it comes to the neighbourhood/lot names, of which Brindleton Bay is the worst offender, are always there. See additional info below/attached file for details.
What do you expect to see? All the worlds' names are in English, but since some/most of the neighbourhoods names are in Danish, I expect all of them to be in Danish. And with the exception of most lots in Brindleton Bay, all the lot names are also in Danish, so I'd expect all of them to be. See below for details.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? NeutraHérmesot Sure 

With the exception of Brindleton Bay (more on that world later), all the lot names are in Danish.

With the exception of Brindleton Bay (again, more later), the three base game worlds, and Gibbs Hill in Britechester, all the neighbourhood names are in Danish.

Brindleton Bay's neighbourhood names are all in Danish, except for Cavalier Cove. However, every single lot name is in English, with the exception of the Hecking house (Det er et godt hus), and the empty lot in the same neighbourhood (Sportsbygningen). Besides those, Domus Familiaris is Latin, and Chateau Frise is French, so I don't know if those should be translated? But all the other lots are in English.

The supplemental buildings in one's own gallery that Maxis have built for C&D all have Danish names as well.

I'm 99% sure that the naming in Brindleton Bay has been wonky since the beginning, just like the base game neighbourhood names also have been in English ever since they were added in patch 95.

TL;DR: The base game worlds' neighbourhood names are all in English, but all their lot names are in Danish.

San Myshuno, Glimmerbrook, and Selvadora have all neighbourhood and lot names in Danish. Britechester is also in all Danish, with the exception of the neighbourhood name Gibbs Hills.

Brindleton Bay is a mess of Danish and English names.

PS: Not super related, but some of the townies names are also weird. Miko Ojo (CL) is translated to Miko Øje (i.e. Eye). And while the Landgraabs and the Goth families have their family names translated to Danish, that is not the case for the Calientes or Lothario, who both had different names in Sims 2 & 3. Furthermore, the ghost dog in Brindleton Bay is translated (Captain Whitaker = Hvidberg), but not the mayor (Mayor Whiskers).

Message 6 of 7 (1,134 Views)

Re: Missing Danish translations for various neighbourhoods/lots

[ Edited ]
Hero

@nat19th I'm merging this with a thread for another language. Please see solution post for answer.

For other translation errors please use this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/COLLECTION-THREAD-Danish-Translation-and-Text-Errors/td-p/9284...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 7 (1,125 Views)