Transfer sims 4 save files

by Sugarmuncher42

Original Post

Transfer sims 4 save files

★★ Newbie

Hi there,

Sorry if this has been brought up before, I want to do a hard reset of my computer to try and fix an issue with another game, however Sims 4 and  my save files are downloaded to my C drive which I need to reset and reinstall windows. 

Is there any way to transfer both the game and its save files to my seperate D drive while I try to repair the operating system on the C drive?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Message 1 of 3 (16,069 Views)

Re: Transfer sims 4 save files

Champion (Retired)

@Sugarmuncher42 

You only need to backup your Saves and Tray folders. If you use mods or CC also backup the Mods folder.

After reinstalling the game and opening it once you can copy the folders back overwriting those the game generated.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 3 (16,041 Views)

Re: Transfer sims 4 save files

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

@Sugarmuncher42, go into Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4. from there, you can copy the Saves, Tray, and Screenshot folders to your other drive, or even a USB drive. then put them back when you reinstall the game on the C drive. that way, you won't lose your saved games, families and pictures taken in-game.

(edit: apologies as i was typing when you already got a reply!)

Message 3 of 3 (16,038 Views)