Townies to stop generating

by RavenLure

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Townies to stop generating

★★★ Guide

Is there a way to stop the sims from generating townies?  Also I see in the game settings you cannot choose homeless sims to  fill empty houses etc any more ... since when?

I hate when townies show up in other worlds.... there has to be a way to stop that... if not that has to change.. Townies just kill the mood of some places.. it is annoying

Message 1 of 3 (788 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Townies to stop generating

Community Manager

Hey there @RavenLure,

There isn't currently an option to disable your game from generating townies- they are necessary for your game to run stalls, bars, etc. on public lots. 

As for the Fill Empty Houses setting, that was changed with the introduction of Neighborhood Stories, instead now you have the option for households to move in and out of lots. You can read more on this change in the article here

solaire.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (771 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey there @RavenLure,

There isn't currently an option to disable your game from generating townies- they are necessary for your game to run stalls, bars, etc. on public lots. 

As for the Fill Empty Houses setting, that was changed with the introduction of Neighborhood Stories, instead now you have the option for households to move in and out of lots. You can read more on this change in the article here

solaire.png

Message 2 of 3 (772 Views)

★★★ Guide
@EA_Solaire Before I accept this as a solution, I would like to say we do not need to have the stalls manned.. The reason why I asked was because I wish townies would not show up in some areas. Like Nancy Landgraab showing up in Sulania.. etc. Maybe an 'Option' to have them not leave their own world would be nice.. When I am able to get the new wolf pack that is coming out.. having townies from other worlds breaks emersion, especially of an out of the way place such as an old run down lumbering town. It would be great to feel like I am going there where maybe I should not go.,..... but to have Thorn Baily show up or Judith Ward show up....😒 I think this is one of the basic fundamentally things wrong with the sims. just mho
Message 3 of 3 (735 Views)