Townies in the Magic Realm

by TheSpaark

Original Post

Re: Townies in the Magic Realm

Champion

@SheriGR, yeah... the Goths totally would love the Realm... but I've seen both Bob and Eliza Pancakes there!  Geoffrey  Landgraab too!   I think part of the problem is that unlike Windenburg, our biggest world, there are only 2 households in Glimmerbrook .. so that is only 2 families not counting the Sages in the Realm.  The 2 Glimmerbrook households are the Charm Family which has 4 people, and a couple of roommates in another house... for a total of 6 Glimerbrook residents that everyone with ROM has.. They aren't going to be at the Realm 24/7 so to fill out the Realm the game needs more people to visit it.  That means either using existing NPCs, or generating new magical Townies. Raised eyebrow

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 31 of 50 (1,442 Views)

Hero
I made a new thread for the faved/played households becoming spellcasters as that should not happen

If you have this issue for played/faved, please use this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-ROM-Played-Faved-households-becoming-spellcasters-...

If it's for unplayed Sims, it's feedback and belongs in this thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 32 of 50 (1,427 Views)

Re: New Realm of Magic EYEBROWS are BROKEN

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@SEREFRAS Someone made a mod that stops NPC sims from travelling to the magic realm and becoming spellcasters. this is a true godsend 

EDIT by EA_Jason: Link to mod removed, please don't post links to mods. 

Message 33 of 50 (1,410 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@StarryMight I don't have an issue with generated townies, since it really doesn't take that long to pretty them up a little/change their outfits in CAS in the edit town window. But I certainly agree it's a bit of a rock and a hard place for the devs.
Message 34 of 50 (1,368 Views)

Champion

@halloweenchild13, and @StarryMight , I think this issue is a much bigger problem for people who play roatationally (which I usually don't) , and especially if they play rotationally on a save game they've had for a long while.  Nobody should be permanently forced to change their gameplay style to accommodate this.Disappointed  It's fine for temporary fix, but not permanent. 

Message 35 of 50 (1,357 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@SheriGRand @PugLove888  : Actually, waaaay back in The Sims 1 era (I'm old X-D), the Goths appeared in the key art for the Makin' Magic Expansion, so it's even more fitting than you think! Wink (I've attached a pic of a downsized wallpaper of it to demonstrate.)

Also, for those wondering about the mod @TrinityBabe mentioned, look up "zero quick mod for rom dont turn my sims into spellcasters" on your search engine of choice, then click the Patreon link.

Message 36 of 50 (1,320 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@StarryMight  Large smile Well.... we're older than you may think  I turn 57 on Sunday! @PugLove888 and I loved Sims 1 & 2 (Not so much Sims 3 for me - but I love Sims 4). I don't remember ever having any expansions for them, though, but I know PugLove did, so she will know exactly what you mean!! 

SheriGR Coffee cup  – I don’t work for EA.
I've played since Sims 1, own all packs, & backup daily.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 37 of 50 (1,312 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@SheriGR wrote:

@StarryMight  Large smile Well.... we're older than you may think  I turn 57 on Sunday! @PugLove888 and I loved Sims 1 & 2 (Not so much Sims 3 for me - but I love Sims 4). I don't remember ever having any expansions for them, though, but I know PugLove did, so she will know exactly what you mean!! 

LOL, I'm not nearly as old as you (happy birthday in advance, by the way!), but I mainly said that because I got my start with this franchise from the beginning, so I know stuff like that. Large smile

Message 38 of 50 (1,301 Views)

★ Guide

I’m using a few of Zero’s magic mods. A couple just weren’t for me. They do work very well and there is even a one time fix mod that fixes all the townies who have become magic users, giving you back control of who does and does not without killing your save game. 

Message 39 of 50 (1,282 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@StarryMight, what are you taking about … Makin' Magic was just yesterday! WinkLarge smile:eahigh_file: 

OK, so it seems like just yesterday! And I also am probably older than you think! Wink  Thank you for supplying that "old" pic of the Goths in the Makin' Magic promo art! Party hat Yep, like @SheriGR said, we also go back to the original Sims.  I originally had it on PS2... didn't see a need for it on PC... but when Unleashed came out, well, I had to buy it for PC!  :eahigh_file:DogCat  After that I preferred it on PC, and have bought every EP, SP, and GP !   I didn't think I would like Superstar at all, and it was one of my favorites! Heart And Makin' Magic was just wonderful!  So quirky, charming, and funny! 

My favorite version of the Sims is TS2 (loved TS1 but without the ability to age up, the game could be a bit static.  But TS1 was the most charming version of them all! Heart). My least favorite is TS3.. It had a lot of wonderful ideas, but it would grind to a halt.  I loved aspects of it, but would always be very angry.  My husband started to worry about me yelling at the computer and thought I should stop playing the game before my head exploded! Raised eyebrowLarge smile Didn't have that problem with TS1, TS2, or TS4! :eahigh_file:

But when I think of the quintessential Sims family, I always think of the Goths! Heart

And on an interesting note, when I first read the Harry Potter books and the character of Bellatrix LeStrange was introduced (I think It was in Goblet of Fire), but before the movie with her came out, I pictured Bella Goth!  Part of it was because of the similarities with their fist names, but the main part was the way Bellatrix's eyes were described reminded me how Bella's eyes were in TS1! Raised eyebrowLarge smile 

And Happy Birthday @SheriGRCoffee cupDogParty hat

Message 40 of 50 (1,269 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help