Re: Townies Spawned from?

by CMeki

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Townies Spawned from?

★ Pro

I have what I think is a simple question. As of the last few updates, with the changes to household management, I am wondering which side (My Households, Other Households) do townies get picked from? I used to be able to make a sim, have it in unplayed households, and it "Could" spawn as a townie.

Message 1 of 4 (1,116 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion (Retired)

Hi @twmuse!
Townies get picked from other households!
I made lots of families with green hair (easy too see) and instead of moving into a house with them I x:ed the action, and they were directly put in "other households". Afterwards they show up all over as townies, even if they don't have a home  Standard smile

I know the answer is a bit late, but if you're still wondering, I'm pretty sure this is how it works.

____________________________________________________________________

If you find an answer helpful, give your fellow simmers some XP! Also remember to click "Accept as solution" if a post answered your question.

Happy simming! :eahigh_file:

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (1,186 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

Hi @twmuse!
Townies get picked from other households!
I made lots of families with green hair (easy too see) and instead of moving into a house with them I x:ed the action, and they were directly put in "other households". Afterwards they show up all over as townies, even if they don't have a home  Standard smile

I know the answer is a bit late, but if you're still wondering, I'm pretty sure this is how it works.

____________________________________________________________________

If you find an answer helpful, give your fellow simmers some XP! Also remember to click "Accept as solution" if a post answered your question.

Happy simming! :eahigh_file:

Message 2 of 4 (1,187 Views)

★ Pro

Thanks @CMeki

I did some test like that also and had townies show up from both "other household" and "My Households" so I guess it is just random. I wish the Sims had a setting to only pick from pre-made sims, after a long life game some townies get really strange.

Message 3 of 4 (1,039 Views)

Champion (Retired)

So true! I guess if you create enough sims yourself to fill the town sim quota there might not be any weird random sims. If you re-create sims as soon as others die? A lot of work for it though Wink

Message 4 of 4 (1,034 Views)