Re: Toddler-Child relationship AND Family Embarrassment

by PugLove888

Original Post

Toddler-Child relationship AND Family Embarrassment

★★★ Novice

What I've noticed on The Sims 4 is rather bothersome and annoying to me. You know how teens, young adults, adults and elders interact with a toddler in basically the same way? Pick them up, do flashcards with them, etc...? Children can't do that at all. In reality, it's acceptable and very helpful. I can't really see any reasons why a child can't interact with a toddler in the same way. I'm sure others are irritated by it as well. Heck, when my oldest brother was six or seven, he was allowed to pick me up, carry me, those kinds of things. So in The Sims 4, children should be able to do that stuff as well. It'll even bring them closer if you think about it. And if you don't want your child interacting with the toddler, just simply cancel the action.

As for my second subject, I don't think that a son and/or daughter should get embarrassed and get the "Privacy Invaded" emote when they are showering or using the bathroom, and their mother or father walk in on them just to wash their hands. Sure, they may not like it however, it's not like they haven't seen anything before. When their diaper was being changed as a baby and toddler, they've seen their parts those times. So why does it matter? They could just ask their parent to hurry up and leave, and get a bit irritated. In real life, it's not that big a deal. Siblings though, could be a little iffy.

I hope I have opened your eyes to something. If you get down to this part, I thank you for reading my little rant. What I think should be changed. You may agree, or you may disagree. Either is fine.

Message 1 of 4 (706 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@DeltaShadowWolf, yes I totally agree on the older child teaching the toddler to do things.Standard smile  I have older brothers and when I was a toddler one of them was school aged child.  He taught me many things (as did my brother who was a teen)! Heart  I learned to tie my shoes as a 4 year old from my 10 year old brother! And he certainly helped me with my alphabet and numbers (and even used flash cards!)   I would love this in the game! 

I don't agree with the parent/child bathroom situation. Frown Different countries and different families have different levels of privacy and being comfortable. While a toddler might be too young to be embarrassed, an older child can become very embarrassed.Devil  Same with the parents!  I know families who are aren't as embarrassed and those that are very embarrassed.  Also, most of the families that I know that don't get as embarrassed are usually those who have multiple people sharing one bathroom!  In those cases they have to bathe with the shower curtain drawn so anybody who needs the sink or toilet can still do so! Large smile But in families that have 2 or more bathrooms, people get used to a certain amount of privacy.  

Furthermore, even in a family where most members are more relaxed about such issue, there can be one family member that can still get extremely embarrassed. Disappointed We all have different levels of being comfortable, and should try to respect those who might be distressed in such a situation. Angel  It is best to err on the side of caution! Heart

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 4 (643 Views)

★★★ Novice

Aye. That be true with the parents. Well, they could make an option for it. On whether the family member gets embarrassed or not as well. I thought I was gonna get an inappropriate reply. Because normally, I do get those on everything else.

Message 3 of 4 (600 Views)

Champion

@DeltaShadowWolf, yes they could make an option for it, but doing that for the game is probably a lot harder than it sounds! Frown I've heard from people who know computer code say that a "simple toggle" is almost never simple to code for. Disappointed   That is probably why they erred on the side of caution. Wink

Happy Simming! Party hat

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 4 (574 Views)