Re: I bought the new Sims 4 cottage living and it's not unlocked it says

by Gamav0n

Original Post

Today’s July 29th And I still cannot download cottage living.

★★★ Newbie

I have bought my expansion pack as a preorder about 16th of July. I have been so excited and couldn’t wait until to download it but it ended up not working. I got only gnome, bike and a tree. 
min the origin is only the option to buy the pack. 

Message 321 of 328 (1,091 Views)

Re: I bought the new Sims 4 cottage living and it's not unlocked it says

★ Novice

I'm experiencing this same issue. Have you been able to get it to work (I see you posted this a week ago)?

I've tried clearing out Origin, uninstalling, and reinstalling it, and I've tried contacting EA. Nothing has worked and they still haven't gotten back to me. In fact, after clearing Origin's cache, the cottage living expansion pack (apparently something else) now says that it is not purchased. Before I cleared Origin's cache, it was something I had access to (like all of the bonus content to the pack) and now nothing....

Message 322 of 328 (1,045 Views)

August and still no Cottage Living

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I know there has been an issue before and that there are more threads about this, but from I have found, there is no solution still but I could be wrong. Correct me please if so.

Long story short, I bought the preorder but according to the Origins menu, I don't own it. Yet in-game I do but Build/Buy says no. Does anyone have leads? Thank you! Any help is something.

Message 323 of 328 (905 Views)

Re: August and still no Cottage Living

@EricSkye31  Please clear Origin's cache:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

and see whether Cottage Living shows as owned.  Whether it does or not, repair the game: open your Origin game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.

Now load a save and see whether you have any Build/Buy items from the pack and whether you can access the new world.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 324 of 328 (891 Views)

Re: August and still no Cottage Living

★★ Novice

Thank you for your response. I have done that and it is still the same. I have the pre-order bonus items but the is the only thing since release. What I may have to do is contact EA. 

Message 325 of 328 (844 Views)

I bought sims 4 Cottage living now says "buy" instead of downloading

★ Novice

I've been waiting like a month now for my pre-order to download the cottage living expansion pack. I've done all the things; restarting, clearing cache, uninstalling origin, uninstalling the sims and it still isn't downloading. It says that I own the pack in the game and origin has two cottage living section under extra content, one saying buy and the other has no options at all. I really just want to play it now or at least get a refund if it isn't going to download, can anyone help?

Message 326 of 328 (737 Views)

Re: I bought sims 4 Cottage living now says "buy" instead of downloadi

@obrienisonfire  I've merged your post with the master thread for this issue.  Please see the accepted solution on page one.  You may need to contact EA Support.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 327 of 328 (714 Views)

Re: Cottage Living Installation

★★★★ Novice

I bought this pack last year and I STILL cannot download it. I own it , but I can't download it and content gets removed when I download from the gallery. If I own it, then why am I being denied access to it??

Message 328 of 328 (529 Views)