Re: Today is July 22nd. Why hasn't Cottage Living Downloaded yet on my PC?

by zoiee2020

Original Post

★ Guide
@Miiss_Moose Thank you! My download started after doing this
Message 241 of 328 (668 Views)

i cant download cottage living after release

★★★ Novice

I cant download cottage living I pre-ordered it and now I can't download it. I've restarted everything and tried everything I can think of. can anyone help?my origin

Message 242 of 328 (624 Views)

Re: Pre ordered Cottage Living but it says I don't have it now that it's out

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

i followed that rout (contacting support , live support) , and they closed the ticket with no solution but basically told me to bare with them until its resolved with no further info 

Message 243 of 328 (633 Views)

★★ Novice

TO EVERYONE HAVING THE INSTALLATION ISSUE THAT SHOWS A RED (i) AND PROMPTS TO PURCHASE THE GAME - 

Origin does not charge you for a pre-order on the day you purchase it. It charges you today, on release. We have all found this out the hard way. 

Even if you are certain you paid for it, DOUBLE CHECK your bank statement. A payment to EA/Origin will not be there, pending or otherwise. 

This error is caused by Origin attempting to charge you for your pre-order on release and the payment failing. 

Make sure you have the correct amount in your spending account, the system will continually try to refund and recharge you until the payment can go through. You should even receive emails each time it attempts to do this, which have a link to change your payment details if you need to. It took about 30 minutes after transferring funds to get an email confirming that my order was ready. If you don't have an email with the subject line 'Preorder Now Available" chances are you have not paid for it. 

Before joining the queue to EA's support, which is having issues of its own today, triple check you aren't the one in the wrong. 

We can all feel dumb together- I woke up at 5AM in my timezone to install this pack and only fixed it now. 

Message 244 of 328 (624 Views)

★★ Novice

It's happening to me too! I preordered it over a month ago and now it says "buy"? What the heck? I even uninstalled and reinstalled my game. No change. I restarted my Mac too. Hopefully, the Sims 4 Team and EA fix it soon because I am pissed. I dropped 40 bucks on this Pack and I was really looking forward to playing it today after work. I am sorta glad that I am not the only person who is experiencing this. 

Thanks for everyone's help,

SSDGM.

Thanks for everyone's help,

SSDGM ✌🏻

Message 245 of 328 (596 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm wanting to buy Cottage living but I wish to bundle it . does anyone know when i will be able to do so? each time I try to do so Origin tells me I already have to many packs to bundle its almost 1:30 pm on the 23/7 here in Australia the pack should very well be out already . I'm also having an issue where cottage living is not showing up in my startup of my game with the rest of the packs. is any one else having these issues, if so has anyone managed to fix it? id really like some help id love to be able to purchase and play . thanks

Message 246 of 328 (567 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@jesterpope That shouldn't be an issue at all. The funds were drawn from my account already AND it says I ALREADY own the game and it is NOT downloading. There is more going on than this. But I also have learned from this to NEVER pre-order anything anywhere ever again! LOL
Message 247 of 328 (650 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Cottage Living wil not download

★★★ Newbie

Log out of your origin account and log back in, the download will start automatically 

Message 248 of 328 (616 Views)

Sims 4 Cottage living expansion pack will not install

★★★ Newbie

I pre-ordered the Sims 4 Cottage Living expansion pack as soon as I heard about it.

Here we are.. day of... and  it says that it is "unlocked" 

The Sims launch area says that I have an expansion pack ready for install

Yet it is not installing...  I can buy it as a gift and click on the details button

but I cannot get the pack to install. I tried repairing the game, going into the extra content area, right clicking.

Nothing.

There is no way to get the install started.

I was a little worried about pre-ordering in the first place and now i feel like its valid.

the help chat will not generate for Origin help and this is my last place to turn.

Message 249 of 328 (581 Views)

Re: Cottage Living Installation

★★★ Newbie

Same here.

Message 250 of 328 (611 Views)