Re: I prepaid for a game, Why isn't it downloading?

by klklllll0

Original Post

Re: Today is July 22nd. Why hasn't Cottage Living Downloaded yet on my PC?

★★★★ Novice

Same here, unable to download the pack, no button or option to download. It was an Origin pre-order, I received the confirmation e-mails that the pack is available, Origin says that a new extension pack is available for my game, but I can't download and install Frown

Message 221 of 328 (861 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I recently heard a rumor about The Sims 5 being in development. But with all the other unfixed issues with The Sims 4, plus now this pre-order not downloading, I'm inclined to not bother with purchasing or even showing any interest in a new Sims game. I am deeply disappointed in how poorly they have handled their product and the general lack of listening on part of EA.

Message 222 of 328 (795 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Sims Team

Marking as Solution for Visibility Purposes

I heard the order processing issues are resolved.  If anyone is still seeing an issue, try restarting Origin. 

If that doesn't help, try clearing the Origin cache, per the steps listed on this page: https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

Or contact EA Help: https://help.ea.com/contact-us/?product=the-sims-4

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 223 of 328 (7,754 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Resolving the expansion not installing fix

Est 5 min read to get cottage living to install

No refund required, clear the origin cache

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

Message 224 of 328 (775 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I left my Origin opened and it's currently downloading my pre-order pack. It's 5 PM PT/PST here. Hope this helps someone

Message 225 of 328 (761 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Worked for me after logging out and logging back to Origin and a game repair. I can download now Standard smile

Message 226 of 328 (759 Views)

Re: cottage living failing to recognize paid preorder

★★★ Novice
@Serabee Me too....
Message 227 of 328 (816 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I have a solution!
I logged out of my origin account and logged back in as a last attempt and it started downloading immediately after I logged in! I hope this works for you too.

Message 228 of 328 (912 Views)

Cottage Living EP won't download

★★ Novice

I pre-ordered the latest expansion pack. When I got home from work today (it released at 1pm here. I didn't open the game until 8pm...), Origin said that I owned the content, and that it was in the game. I opened my game and got the 'new DLC' pop up that always happens with new content. However, I started playing with CAS and the cottage living filter option was greyed out and it said I didn't have access to this content. 

When I opened the expansion packs tab in Origin, it said I 'unlocked' the content, but there was nothing saying it was downloaded like the other packs had, and there was no way to get it to download. I spent $40 on this DLC for it not to even be usable. How do I fix this? 

Message 229 of 328 (780 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@spRose108 Same here. thanks for this.
Message 230 of 328 (877 Views)