Re: Tips & tricks for running a vet clinic

by EA_Mai

Original Post

Tips & tricks for running a vet clinic

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

My Sims own a vet clinic, and I think it would be interesting having a thread where we can all share our tips and tricks for running a successful vet clinic Standard smile

There's lots of things to keep in mind, let me start with my own tips:

Clínica veterinaria

• If you have more than one Sim in the household, get them to help! - Running a clinic with just one Sim is possible, but it's easier with two or three Sims.
  • Don't take more than you can handle - See that perk that will make your clinic attract lots of sick pets? Looks tempting, right? But, are you sure you can handle it? Last thing you need are bad ratings, so make sure you are ready for the perks you are going to use. Be careful what you wish for... Wink
  • Time is money - and with time, you will start to be familiar with the illnesses. You might want to pay some extra attention to them: each illness has its own specific synthoms. This is not random and once you start to recognize the symptoms associated with each illness, you will be able to treat your patients faster - no need to wait for your Sim to discover all the symptoms if you already know what the correct treatment is!
  • Calm pet, happy owner - having calm cats and dogs while you exam and treat them is important, but might take time. You can create relaxation serum in the crafting table, that will keep the pet calm for longer and allow you to work faster!

Have these worked for you? Any tricks of your own to share? Standard smile

PS. Tagging @PugLove888 @Sashas0nic @Phantomlover1717 @drdooomxxx @jpkarlsen   because you have been active in the Cats & Dogs thread Wink

Message 1 of 13 (59,223 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Great thread! I've some tips that might come in handy.

• Treats are money-makers. If you feel like the vet clinic is not really giving you the amount of money you need, make sure to use one hours or two before you open the clinic to make treats! Especially the age up/age down-treats. They're faster to make than treating a patient and they sell by themselves while your clinic is open! You can also hire an employee that makes treats during opening hours.
  • Upgrade your equipment. As soon as you have enough money, make sure to buy the higher-end equipment. The budget-version makes the pets uncomfortable, so with the high quiality equipment you can raise the price marking - making more money in the long run, and happier pets!
  • Disallow new costumers. If you have two (or more) costumers waiting in the waiting room and you're handling costumers elsewhere, click the register machine to disallow new costumers. Then you can allow them again when it has settled down. Not will you only get low markings if the costumers have to wait, but it's also a stress factor for you as a player.
Message 2 of 13 (59,170 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Great tips, @CMeki! :eahigh_file:

I should specially apply the first one to my vet clinic - my two Sims are always too busy with the exams (and cleaning, sick pets are messy!), so when they have time, I use it to create relaxation serums. As you mention it's worth the investment, I'll hire someone and see how that works Standard smile

Thanks!

-Mai

Message 3 of 13 (59,154 Views)

Champion

@EA_Maithanks for this thread!  Its a good idea!

@CMeki  Thank you for info about the "disallow customers" toggle! AngelAngelHeart   I was going crazy trying to see everyone, and there were no lulls in the flow of patients!  And I know they are just pixels, but I hated to close my clinic if a sick pet was waiting! DevilEmbarrassedLarge smile LOL

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 13 (59,132 Views)

Champion

My tip (you might already know it) is to make plenty of "Industrial Strength Relaxation Serum" before you open your clinic (or at home if you have one of the medicine crafting tables at home).  Yes, it isn't necessary, but it calms your patients much faster, and you only have to do it once! Heart  If you administer it the first thing, the pets never get stressed during that vet visit! :eahigh_file: This saves time and makes your human clients happier (or at least it does mine).  Without the serum, some pets get soooo stressed that my vets spend more time calming them than they do treating them for the actual illness! Devil This is why it is one of my favorite items for having at the vet clinic! Heart

Message 5 of 13 (59,078 Views)

Champion (Retired)

I always keep some handy.

To conserve them I look at the stress level if there isn't any I see if I can diagnose them before they get too stressed. If this fails or if they are a little stressed from the beginning I soothe them (requires level 6 Vet).

If they start out with high stress I give them a shot immediately.

For Operations I always use Either Belly rub gel or catnip rub.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 6 of 13 (59,064 Views)

Champion

@jpkarlsen, I haven't had to do an operation yet, so this is good to remember! Standard smile

Message 7 of 13 (59,027 Views)

★★ Novice
I know this is an old thread but I have a few questions about running the Vet clinic.

Is there any way to make the Industrial Strength Relaxation Serum and treats faster? Using cheats or a mod maybe? I know i don't need the serum but the faster the pet is treated the more cash I will make. I tried the cloning machine but it didn't work. And I couldn't find the serum or the treats in the build/buy mode even using cheats that should show everything.

The Industrial Strength Relaxation Serum I have in my sims inventory is used when I treat a patient. For the NPC vets can they use the serum from my inventory or the inventory of the crafting table?

The most sim pets I was able to treat in a 12-hour shift was 29. One sim I controlled and 3 other npc vets. It seems like running a vet clinic could be really profitable. But I might need to have 2 other sims crafting the serum and wellness treats while the others take care of customers. Or get all 6 sims in the household to constantly make the serum and treats until I get too bored.
Thank in advance for your help.
Message 8 of 13 (48,786 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@nycblkboy I noticed in my game that when they got to a higher level of the vet skill they made treats and serums a bit quicker, I've not yet found a mod that speeds it up any more than that though if you find one be sure to post about it!

Happy simming
Message 9 of 13 (48,652 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How do you get the vets you employ to use the serum, when they craft it they leave it in the crafting table?

Message 10 of 13 (40,594 Views)