Re: Thought Bubble HELP!

by thelyingcandor

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@thelyingcandor Update: A good friend of mine tells me that they see that water symbol without the red circle-line through it in their game when their adult Sim showers with fresh water on an off-the-grid lot. Maybe the opposite symbol indicates that there is some reason your toddlers do not want to take a bath on your lot. Are you using a shower/tub combo or a regular bath tub? I've read somewhere that the shower/tub combos might be bugged where they can appear to be clean but Sims act like they are dirty. If you are using a shower/tub combo maybe you can do a quick test by replacing it with a regular tub, just to see if those thought bubbles go away. 

Also, just out of curiosity, is your lot off-the-grid?

Message 11 of 21 (902 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I actually am using those, they're pretty much all I use for the baths on any lot I bring them to. (And yeah, mine are always clean, so I guess it's just the bug) I'll try to use just a plain bath and see if that makes the thought bubbles go away. Standard smile

(Also I don't think it's off the grid, the bubbles started when they were at a vacation cabin in Granite Falls and they continued when they went back to their house in Willow Creek)

Message 12 of 21 (897 Views)

★★★ Expert

@thelyingcandor Please keep us posted on if any of that worked or if not we can try a few other things.

Message 13 of 21 (857 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Update: tried replacing all the shower/bath combos with regular showers and baths, and the toddlers are still giving that thought bubble.

Message 14 of 21 (814 Views)

★★★ Expert

@thelyingcandor Just as a test can you try relocating the family to a different house to see if that clears the issue? If it works you can move them back again and if it does not work you can just exit/ go back to the main menu without saving. If the toddlers are temporarily glitched then maybe this will fix it.

A slightly more extreme test would be to save the entire household to your Library, start a New Game, import the family from your Library, and play them a bit in this new game to see if that will clear the issue. You can just exit without saving either way. If everything looks good in a new save then maybe there is something going on in your old save.

Lastly, are you using any mods or CC? If so then you might want to temporarily remove them to a storage folder somewhere like on your Desktop or an external drive, delete the localthumbcache.package file from your Sims 4 folder, and then load your game to see if the problem goes away. Do not save your game while your mods and CC are removed, this is just for testing. If the problem goes away then maybe you have some outdated mods or CC that need to be updated and replaced.

Good luck, I hope we can figure this thing out :D

Message 15 of 21 (780 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Yeah, I've tried putting the toddlers on other lots, visiting and such, and they still seem to be doing it. It's weird because I did notice that in another saved world I have, the toddlers never have that thought bubble. Their house is even in Willow Creek, same as the family with the toddlers in my other world who are giving the thought bubble. I don't know if it's just those kiddos that are glitched for some reason? I'm so confused haha. Thanks for all the help so far though! :D

Edit: I do have a lot of CC and some mods, but if that's the issue then it's weird that it would only be affecting certain toddlers right?

Message 16 of 21 (730 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@RandomBuzziness hi! It's been a little while, is this thread still active? (the toddlers are still doing the weird thought bubble thing, and it's only the two in my one house; it's really weird)
Message 17 of 21 (673 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@thelyingcandor I'm sorry to hear this is still going on for those poor toddlers. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find any reports of other players having this same issue for us to use for any specific guidance on what to try next. Did you already try the things we previously discussed?

I agree that it would be strange for mods or CC issues to only be affecting certain toddlers and not all others, but temporarily removing them and deleting the localthumbcache.package file and testing with no mods/no CC is the only way to know for sure (see Comment #15 on this thread). I always remove all of my mods and CC before installing a game patch or downloading any new content so this is a normal and easy thing to do once you get the hang of it.

It does seem more likely that those toddlers were glitched in some way. Did you try saving this family to your Library, downloading them into a New Game test save, and see if they still have those thought bubbles in a new game? You don't have to keep playing & you can exit without saving if you want. This is only to test if saving and downloading them from your Library will correct the issue. I would try this first before removing any mods or CC.

Message 18 of 21 (644 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@thelyingcandor i think this idicates your sim is scared of water
Message 19 of 21 (539 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

This is a few years old, I know, but I recognized the water icon immediately.  The same icon is an activity option when you are creating a holiday. 
The activity is called "Water Fun" and it apparently pertains to "go[ing] swimming or interact[ing] with various water toys like the Kiddie Pool, Sprinkle-O-Matic, or Water Balloons".  Picture attached.

I assume this means the toddlers do not like water activities or had a bad experience with it at some point

Message 20 of 21 (325 Views)