Re: Thought Bubble HELP!

by thelyingcandor

Original Post

Thought Bubble HELP!

★★★ Newbie

My sim is consistently gasping with a thought bubble depicted as a person blowing into a balloon....What does this mean and what can I do?

Message 1 of 21 (5,102 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

With the thought of a person blowing into a balloon, that tends to tell me that your Sim is scared of something.

A few questions:
- Is your Sim in an apartment that has the "Needs TLC" trait? It could be they are encountering things like roaches, sewage backup, mice, a broken circuit breaker, or leaky pipes.

- Is there a Ghost living on your lot, or does the lot have the "Haunted" trait? Encountering possessed objects, or a ghost themselves can cause a Sim to be scared.
- Are they interacting with anything that could cause them to be scared? (The trick-or-treat bowl from Spooky Stuff for example can scare Sims.)

- Is it raining/thunderstorming outside? (Seasons), lightning bolts that strike near the Sim's location can cause them to be scared.
- Does your Sim have the Squeamish trait? (Squeamish Sims can be nervous or tense around things they find disgusting or unsanitary.)

Hopefully this helps narrow it down; if you can think of any specific situations where it comes up as well, I might be able to further pinpoint it.

- B

Message 2 of 21 (5,084 Views)

★★★ Newbie
She was sitting and watching tv, Stood up to take care of her toddler and then BAM gasping with that thought bubble. It's happened quite a few times. None of those traits on the lot either.
Message 3 of 21 (5,078 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
Very odd; no unusual moodlets or anything popping up on your Sim as a result of the sudden thought bubble?

When they got up to take care of the Toddler, was it because the Toddler was crying or making some sort of commotion? (I ask this one since I've seen Sims get up to take care of babies, but it usually doesn't generate a thought bubble like that.)

Has this happened to any other Sims you've worked with?

- B
Message 4 of 21 (5,069 Views)

★ Guide

Since you mention you have a toddler, I think this is the Sim realizing they haven't checked on the toddler in a while. The thought bubble is a child with a ball, I think. My moms did this when the kids were toddlers and now that they're children they no longer seem to do it.

Message 5 of 21 (5,056 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

This isn't the exact same issue, but on the topic of thought bubbles, recently two of my toddler sims are constantly having this thought bubble that looks like splashing water, and overtop of it is a red circle with a line through it, like it's crossing out the water. This just started and it's only the toddlers doing it, but they're doing it CONSTANTLY. What does it mean?? 

Message 6 of 21 (3,772 Views)

★★★ Expert

@thelyingcandor Is there some way you can capture a pic of that thought bubble?

Message 7 of 21 (3,740 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yep, here's a pic of it!

Message 8 of 21 (3,708 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@thelyingcandor I'll ask around. Are the toddlers still doing it?

Message 9 of 21 (3,675 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Indeed they are, haha

Message 10 of 21 (3,671 Views)