The sims 4 for ps4 do Cheat traits disable trophies?

by MaomiSan

Original Post

The sims 4 for ps4 do Cheat traits disable trophies?

★★ Newbie
So i made a new save, with one of my first sims, Have not put any cheats that envolve True cheat true, i put Trait cheats though and was wondering if that disables trophies? Even though there was no Window popping up saying Trophies will be disabled or anything?!?! So if anyone knows?? Please let me know.. im trying to get the rest of the trophies i need to get Platinum? I didnt get the trophy for reaching Max Job Level on Secret Agent, and No i havent gotten it yet..
Message 1 of 7 (11,521 Views)

Re: The sims 4 for ps4 do Cheat traits disable trophies?

Yes, cheating means the game will disable achievements and trophies.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 7 (11,499 Views)

★★★ Novice

After hours of trying to do the same exact thing and a lot of research I've learned that Trait cheats DO NOT disable trophies. it was really helpful when doing skill trophies I know I'm late just thought I'd add my input since other people have asked the same question on Reddit. The only cheats that disable trophies are the ones that require you to use testcheats on which then prompts you that the trophies will be disabled in that world. You won't wont be able to turn it off and return it to normal even if you don't save. 

Message 3 of 7 (7,860 Views)

★★★ Newbie

is there a way to receive trophies if you turned off testing cheats and started a new game? 

Message 4 of 7 (7,248 Views)

Re: The Sims 4 achievements not unlocking

Hero
@YeahIghtJay As far as I know, you can still get them on a new save that hasn't used cheats.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 7 (7,241 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So I used the console commands on ps4 because one of my sims was literally frozen, I was forced to do resetsim on them quite a couple times (because they kept freezing) does this disable trophies? If so that’s stupid, resetsim doesn’t help you or change the scenario at all. 

Message 6 of 7 (6,977 Views)

Hero
@PierceTheDavid I don't think so but not sure. It think it's only if you use testingcheats. (not sure about money cheats)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 7 (6,899 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help