Re: The sims 4 Expansion packs origin acces

by THEGRIMCREEPER23

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

They should just release the game as a whole. Not making you pay for parts of the game and call them expansions. It is a rort. I have already paid for the game. Who pays for expansions anyway? I have never spent a dollar on Sims expansion no matter how interesting they may look, and I have played since Sims 1. Do you not make enough money? How about respecting your fans?

Message 21 of 27 (3,692 Views)

★★★ Novice

Wait so Origin access does not include all expansions, So you guys are asking us to pay for a membership and EA calls it Origin access. EA this is not access, a membership to a game service should include the entire library and all expansions, stuff packs, game packs, everything. You are scamming your customers into paying their money when what they are buying is not what they are told. Why are you guys doing this to people, its wrong. As a very wealthy company you should be doing more good then bad. Origin access should be all access, its called origin access. Also paying a $100 a year is a lot for a lot of people. What you guys give us is not worth $100. I am surprised this has not caused your company and brand to suffer. 

Be decent people, and support your customers not scam them for money. Also if you did give full access to all games including all expansions and packs a lot of people would participate in that offer, and tons of customers paying $100 a year is a lot, considering how many people would pay it. Also with honest and worthy content that benefits all customers it will also benefit your company and brand in the long wrong.

Message 22 of 27 (3,632 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

SerenitySimming wrote:

"if you did give full access to all games including all expansions and packs a lot of people would participate in that offer, and tons of customers paying $100 a year is a lot, considering how many people would pay it"

I disagree with the irate tone of this post but I wanted to say to any EA people reading this that I agree that this would be good business. People would be more willing to pay for monthly access than expansion packs simply because the installment price sounds lower even if it isn't.

It would almost certainly come out to a profit if you allowed access to expansions with a subscription, because of how many people would be dipping their toes into the water who otherwise would not have made any purchases at all. I'd even be willing to pay for a "Super-Premium" tier that's a few dollars more, for access to the aforementioned expansions and content packs.

Please consider elevating this suggestion up the chain. I know that when a forum thread turns into people complaining about the company, the moderators and customer support people usually head for the hills. But this is a good idea, so if you have a system in place for suggestions, please add this to it.

Message 23 of 27 (3,557 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i just joined EA Access because all of the expansions advertised they were available on EA Açcess. Finding out that this is not the case is very displeasing, and I would even say fraudulent. EA and Microsoft should be ashamed.

Message 24 of 27 (3,389 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I agree with everyone here who complained about the EA policy to charge for each expansion even after EA access monthly fee. However, I just started playing Sims 4, there is so much to experience that I'm fine with playing the basic game for now. Am I missing much? I'm aware there is an expansion for university, another for pets, another for following your sim to work, all those don't seem that appealing to me. I don't want to follow my sim to work, that sounds like even more micromanagement and boring, I prefer for them to work automatically so I get the money at the end without having to do anything lol.

Message 25 of 27 (2,908 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Some of the released content is nice, but a lot of it is very poor when compared to previous games. I really like the way magic and vampires have been handled in the sims 4, due to the addition of proper skill trees, rather than just a skill bar. Get famous also adds a cool fame tree that allows you to unlock perks for your sims, a shame the rest of the pack is slightly underwhelming. Apparently parenthood is a good pack to have if you're into having large sim families, but that's not really my thing. Pets is a HUGE downgrade from 3, getting rid of horses was a mistake and I hate how you can't control the pets. Most of the stuff packs should be avoided, due to the fact that fan made custom content is usually far superior to whatever EA themselves create, but I think Vintage glamour and Laundry day add in some nice little game play features which make them a little more worthwhile. My biggest issue with the sims 4 in general is how small the neighbour hoods are and how the areas around you are glorified back drops, near enough everything requires a loading screen. City living is the worst for this as you need a loading screen to visit your neighbour that lives 4ft away from your front door! Had they made packs that helped eliminate these disastrous issues I would have definitely recommended those, but in many ways some of them make it worse.  

Maybe check out some youtube videos for fan made mods, the mods for the sims 4 are next level crazy (good). You might find what you're looking for there. Like you and a few others have said, I would happily pay $15 a month for access to all the expansions, but there's not a chance in HELL I would ever consider buying everything for $400 in one blow, it's just not worth it. 

PS - Avoid the pack called dining out at all costs. It's a glitchy mess that only sometimes decides it's going to work as intended. It needed a lot more refinement before release, but unfortunately a lot of the bugs/glitches have never been fixed. (Also something as simple as going to a restaurant with your family for a meal should be included in the base game, UNLESS it comes with a tonne of other features i.e. previous dining out styled expansions.

Message 26 of 27 (2,599 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Same, It's super disappointing that they wouldn't do this. I've always played Sims and it's such a rip off that they always add so many expensive expansions and even now that they have a subscription system it's STILL not included.

Message 27 of 27 (1,334 Views)