The free sims 4 download from May 28th is now labeled as a trial

by miafoxxo

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The free sims 4 download from May 28th is now labeled as a trial

★★★ Newbie

I got the sims 4 for free back when the free promotion was going on (May 28th) I had it even in November 2019, but now in December 2019 It is telling me that it is a trial and that the trial has ended. I know this isn't true because the promotion said it would be in our libraries forever playable. I need help to know what to do to get it back along with all my expansion packs I bought.

I don't think I would be upset if I hadn't already spend at least 70 dollars on expansions and stuff, as I thought I would have it forever. Now there is no proof of me buying any of the expansion packs. If they are going to swipe the game along with all the money I have spent on it I at least want a refund on the packs or my game back with all my expansion packs. I was so mad to open origin only to see that I cant play the game anymore and that the money I used on it was all gone. I don't know how to get either the game back or my money, and I don't know if it has happened to anyone else yet.

Message 1 of 4 (694 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: The free sims 4 download from May 28th is now labeled as a trial

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

That's a really great suggestion @RandomBuzziness and your right too @jpkarlsen that it's often times a case of being logged into a different account. @miafoxxo could you double check the right account is logged in and that you can see the purchase listed in your Origin Order History please?

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (595 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

@miafoxxo 

Do you have more than one Origin account? If so you are probably login in to the wrong account. Try login in with your email instead of the username.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 4 (676 Views)

★★★ Expert
@miafoxxo While logged in to Origin, check your order history by clicking on the Origin button in the top left and then selecting Order History. That will take you to the Customer Portal in myaccount.ea.com.

All of your purchases should show up there, even the $0.00 purchase for The Sims 4 from last May. That was a sale price not a trial version. This is where you'll also have proof of purchase for all of your expansion packs in case you need to contact EA customer service.
Message 3 of 4 (647 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

That's a really great suggestion @RandomBuzziness and your right too @jpkarlsen that it's often times a case of being logged into a different account. @miafoxxo could you double check the right account is logged in and that you can see the purchase listed in your Origin Order History please?

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 4 of 4 (596 Views)