The animals never show up

by Itsme_Patty2512

Original Post

The animals never show up

★★★ Newbie

I have the chicken coop and the animal shed but no matter how many times I click “purchase animal” (it will even allow me to select which cow or llama I am wanting) the animals never show up. My sim also doesn’t get charged for the purchase.
Similarly to that, I am also experiencing the issue where when I buy seeds, they don’t show up in either one of my sim’s inventories, so my sim cannot plant seeds either.
I am also having an issue with the games UI. I have none of my mods or CC installed and yet all of the icons along the borders of my screen do not match what they’re categorized for. For example, the inventory panel’s icon is a yellow check mark that changes into a calendar when I hover over it.
Finally, a small bug I have also noticed is that when I am filtering my inventory, build/buy, and CAS items, there is a tag with just three dots (like this, “…”) that takes up a significant space in the filter bar and won’t go away no matter how many times I click on it.
Restarting my game has had no affect on these bugs.

Message 1 of 2 (493 Views)

Re: The animals never show up

@Itsme_Patty2512  These sound like the lingering effects of mods.  For example, this is likely mod-related:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/PROBABLY-MOD-RELATED-Can-t-buy-cows-seeds-or-chickens/...

UI issues are usually caused by UI Cheats or one of TwistedMexi's mods.

Since you've already removed your mods, please leave them out for now and delete localthumbcache.package, then test.  You may also need to buy a new chicken coop.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (461 Views)