Re: The Sweet Treats Showdown feels rigged

by thecakeisaLIE82

Original Post

The Sweet Treats Showdown feels rigged

★★★ Apprentice

The rates aren't really accurate and it fails a lot at low levels with 90% accuracy. That doesn't make sense.

Also 32 (3 challenges/day for 11 days) challenges and you need 170 royal tokens means you must win 5-6 each challenge but this is impossible if you only win 1 challenge in a day for 6-8 tokens (not exactly win, but forfeit when sugars are gone).

The only way around this is to spend simcash or simoleons (which fails as well, and super expensive).

I'm very disappointed to whoever designs this events... just like the Treasure one, this is just a cash grab with a lot of extra steps.

Message 1 of 5 (455 Views)

Hero
@ascjced It is rigged 😄 Purposely built the way it is. The percentages don’t mean a thing since depending STS difficulty level you get, you’ll be able to bake with low percentages or it requires high percentages to get anything to pass. STS difficulty varies from player to player and from event to event.. and even during one event.

I was hoping that STS event would be present for a year while the team was making development for new content and events. Unfortunately we have now landed with 2 tedious events 😅 At least STS isn’t requiring so much time and engagement to the game as Treasure Hunt.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 5 (415 Views)

@Ilois4 Thats true, it does seem less intensive as the THs.

The good news, @ascjced, is that instead of playing for the old lady hairdo and all the desks (how many do they think we need? There've been desks in so many of the recent events) you can farm them for cash, gems, and simoleons.

Also, I'd like to add that STSs and THs get a lot easier when you have a ton of simoleons to burn on them. I mean, once you get a million simoleons or so, spending 100,000 of them in order to win the main prize seems like a lot less of a big deal. And once you do all the careers, hobbies, and relationships available, there's not much else to do except earning more and more simoleons. The new eco workshop breaks up the monotony some I guess.

Hope this helps.
Message 3 of 5 (399 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

LOL at granny hair. This somehow cheered me up. I do get a lot of coins from this particular event. And I don't really like the prizes... But you know it sucks to lose. And EA deserves to know that this type of quote unquote event sucks.

Message 4 of 5 (378 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I used to hate the Treasure Hunt but that one was actually attainable without the horrible RNG.

The STS is just so rigged.

@Ilois4 wrote:
@ascjcedIt is rigged 😄 Purposely built the way it is. The percentages don’t mean a thing since depending STS difficulty level you get, you’ll be able to bake with low percentages or it requires high percentages to get anything to pass. STS difficulty varies from player to player and from event to event.. and even during one event.

I was hoping that STS event would be present for a year while the team was making development for new content and events. Unfortunately we have now landed with 2 tedious events 😅 At least STS isn’t requiring so much time and engagement to the game as Treasure Hunt.

Message 5 of 5 (377 Views)