Re: The Sims gameplay suggestion!

by jangllle

Original Post

The Sims gameplay suggestion!

★★★ Newbie
Hi AHQ community!

So let me first say that I’ve been a long time fan of The Sims from it’s firsy release to present day, my favourite game of all time hence this plea of mine.

I’m sure I’m not the only one who has to sit down and work out the amount of space required on hardrive in order to download and run The Sims every time a new release or expansion pack comes out. Computer memory increases in-line with new technology, and with every new Sims release so does the functionality and space required for the game. As someone who owns a decent sized notebook, I can’t tell you the number of times I’ve had to delete apps, photos and files to make space, and a few times I’ve had to install additional memory.

Here’s my suggestion: why not make The Sims an online game? And by that I mean move everything the cloud, and allow players to create accounts and play using the internet instead of players downloading, purchasing and storing everything locally. Granted I’m sure there will be a number of inital upfront costs for EA/Maxis (data centre investments probably) but having scoured these forums on numerous occasions, I’m not the only one in need of solution like this.

Advancements in the area of cloud computing, as well as the advent of 5G (low latency, high speed connectivity) the possibity for this to work exists. Not to mention by centralising everything there are additional security benefits as well.

To date I’ve gotten the Sims 4 (on my Mac) to work by getting rid of a lot of my notebook, but moving forward I would seriously consider a solution like this.

From my lips to your ears EA/Maxis team 🙏🏾
Message 1 of 3 (358 Views)

Champion

@Player_r9qg23ra, you are right in that you aren't the only person to have calculated the amount of space their computer has to see if it could handle The Sims with each new expansion pack! Disappointed   EA has already tried to help with this, which is why there isn't an open world in The Sims 4 like there was in TS3. Wink  But I've always played on a desktop PC (as opposed to a laptop/notebook), so TS4 runs much better for me than TS3 ever did!  I'm sorry that you (and other people) are having problems trying to find enough space on your computers to play all the expansions of TS4! Frown

However, they have already had an online version of The Sims years ago called Sims Online.  But I think there were problems with it since it didn't last long. Disappointed  (Last year a fan tried to re-launch it, but had way more people interested in it than his servers could handle, so it shut down for now.)

So, I don't know if EA would be willing to try an online version of The Sims again or not!  Wondering    

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 3 (284 Views)

★★★ Novice
When a child gets taken away, they shouldn't get deleted but rather put up for adoption (or let us choose whether they're deleted or not)
Message 3 of 3 (230 Views)