Re: The Sims Replayability

by Sashas0nic

Original Post

The Sims Replayability

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I want to make an appeal to the development teams to get a woman's input because you're missing the point! The Sims is boring and robotic and logical lately, and I don't mind saying that it's because of men(men are logical, strong and have feelings and many qualities just different).. It needs women because they appreciate the fine nuances and ridiculous chaos of socializing that brings meaning to life, all those silly things women do that men don't understand? that's what you're missing.... What you have now are all genders acting like gay men. Because the devs are presumably men, they are the "minds" of the sims. Devs awkwardly try to simulate how they see women act from a distance, and being men they have no perspective, so it's impossible for a man to fully emulate a women and it comes across as gay (that's why gay men who try act like women make everyone feel uncomfortable). Then they wonder how any woman can like such a boring game; It's because men are boring and robotic and emotionless (like the sims lately). Women literally bring meaning and emotion and chaos to your lives. Bring in a woman to tell you what to add, you wont be able to comprehend the difference bc it will seem trivial to you but just go with it... also don't make men act so gay let there be an option for the lgbt. and let the women be women by asking a woman, there's no drama left in these games. This is why this game has reached a dead end.

Message 1 of 10 (478 Views)

★★★ Newbie
This is why this game has reached a dead end.
Message 2 of 10 (468 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Men are logical, strong and have feelings and many qualities just different.
Message 3 of 10 (467 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

I take it that you are not a woman. Women is in the wast majority of Sims players a resent survey said over 70%

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 10 (446 Views)

★★ Pro

Hi there @Celsybear

Well, I have a daughter who still plays and I have too since the 2000's & am a female.. who's played since the very first game. Well, I guess I sort of know what you mean, but not entirely I find Traits, walking style etc to be quite flexible, and none of my male sims in my game act 'gay'.. there are a few townies, but I don't mind that.. 

What I did mind though, very much was my sims randomly hitting on the same sex (whether they were my male or female sims..) I really hated that so was relieved when I found a mod for Gender Preference (it's at Mod the Sims, by azoresman if interested), it's great because it also allows you to right click on anyone to set the preference, whether a townie or not. 

Hope this helps some..

Sasha

Message 5 of 10 (439 Views)

Champion (Retired)
Sims added to the game are undetermined. Start flirting with Sims of the wanted gender and they will build a preference.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 6 of 10 (425 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Understand how it works, JPkarlson... but some of us are un flirty types... shouldn't need to flirt to have a chosen preference, is all Teeth bared also, my sims aren't undetermined.. they know who they are and are not lol

Message 7 of 10 (420 Views)

Champion (Retired)

How sad for you. Flirting with other people is the spice of life.Heart

Message 8 of 10 (416 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Not sad at all.. and this game is about far more than that for me.. building, careers now pets and so on... lol "More women in the workforce and science careers... and out of the kitchen"

Irks me all those 100 baby so-called challenges too... yuck: disgusting...

Typical male perhaps Wink

Message 9 of 10 (414 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Those challenges are nothing for me either. I'm very traditional one man one woman til death do us part. Raising brats (um children). If you don't get the reference it is from Diablo III.

Message 10 of 10 (406 Views)