The Sims Mobile Update - September 11th, 2019

by SimGuruMaaike

Original Post

Re: The Sims Mobile Update - September 11th, 2019

[ Edited ]
Hero

@givememore86 No walkthrough for this one. It will be a surprise for everyone :-)

Update: We have a walkthrough: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/11th-of-September-Sweet-Treat-Fan-Fave-Quest/m-p/8190380/...

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 11 of 30 (1,550 Views)

★★★ Pro
@SalixCat Thanks 🤩 I'm currently downloading as I write this.
Message 12 of 30 (1,534 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I’m really excited about the long list of bug fixes, the new loading screen, and new in-game features and content. This really is an exciting update.

I have no idea yet how I’d be able to fit another career in the studio. A lot of careers are placed in the Marketsquare. I hope future careers can be placed Downtown, like in the spacious courthouse, or at the Waterfront. 

The current bug report I’m most invested in hearing about wasn’t on the list of notable bug patches. The Tinkerer Heirloom Bug Report. Still, no players I know on Facebook, Reddit, or Discord have the Tinkerer 2 or 3 heirloom. I’m really hoping that after this update some players will start seeing them in the store, or even better, from retirement chests. 🤞 

The upcoming fashion packs look amazing. I think players are just floored by the costs of them, with them having only 4-5 items each. I imagine in total they’d cost $52 USD. And with the Moschino pack at $21 USD, the newest packs will probably total $73 USD. I wish the packs were more reasonable. 😞 

Message 13 of 30 (1,532 Views)

★★★ Guide

@SalixCat thanks for the info! Indeed I noticed that my Bay area and downtown aren't abandoned anymore, so I'm happy about that!

@simmerdownMAL I fully agree with you on the prices are being way to high for their 

value. The clothes are really cool and I would totally spend real money on them but 15 Euros for one pack is so much! with the switch to Firemonkeys they even raised the prices from 10,99 to 13,99/14,99 per pack. Spending so much on four clothing items in a mobile game just doesn't seem to me like a smart financial decision, so morally I just can't buy these packs, even if I can financially. For 73 Euros I rather go and buy myself a new jacket for autumn - and if it's on sale I'll even get two! 

Message 14 of 30 (1,512 Views)

Betreff: The Sims Mobile Update - September 11th, 2019

★★ Pro
@EA_Mai Thanks ! I will do that know.
Message 15 of 30 (1,488 Views)

Betreff: The Sims Mobile Update - September 11th, 2019

★★ Guide

Thanks for the updates! The new loading screen looks refreshing! Will Maxis logo be replaced with Firemonkeys logo in the future? I just check my game and it still have lower graphical quality for some items, particularly rugs. The game loads more quickly though. 

And for Sweet Treat Events, I'm not a fan of this events because of that distressing feeling of no reassurance that I can get the things equal to what I spent. Sorry for the poor phrasing 😂. But I appreciate the intention. Guess I'll just see how the next events progresses.

Message 16 of 30 (1,466 Views)

★★★★ Expert

Just finished downloading the update (saw on Twitter) & currently playing 2nd challenge. Passed "tutorial" 1st challenge easily with Frankie with 95,90,80,93, & 100% using my good upbringing/good friendly sim Nicholas. Also bought all the sweet tokens using sugar cubes during the challenge. Got a total of 545 Sweet Treat tokens & 1 royal token. No simcash or simoleons spent.

Item rewards seem good & grand prize is interesting (I want to be able to get it if I can). Additional quest Sweet Treat fan fave for 10 royal tickets is very good. I'll post more later...Happy Simming Standard smile

Message 17 of 30 (1,445 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Hello again..

you need 9 royal tokens for 1 royal box...

You need 500 (😨) golden tokens for a small box..so it the amount of the tokens went up again...

And i am having the question if the big quest for the 10 royal tickets repeatable?

Because you only can open one royal box and a almost to small with that.....

So you get for the whole quest for one time doing it only 920 golden tokens and 10 royal tokens extra...that are not even two small boxes win and only one royal box....

I will give up on commenting this..i do not like this events...

It is pretty boring and to be honest not worth one cent real cash...

I will continue for a few days  and see it then...but i think you still cannot make it without paying... 

Why can we not unlock this career with playing a long normal quest..which you can finish...like before...i really think it is ripp off...sorry...

It was said that wumple was new  putten into game to lower  stress from players and now we get stressed when we do not pay ..like never before?

Have a nice evening and good luck to all with running like a forest gump...lol

😊😂💕

Message 18 of 30 (1,431 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@jayivy666 There is still hope, i finished all challenges with just sugar cubes and get 5 boxes. If its like this everyday i should get enough to open 80 boxes by the end of the event which means i will get the career for free. Besides the way to increase chance with money is present most of the times i think. Also looks like they fixed the probabilities too? I passed a round with 70% chance. Previosly I sometimes failed at 80% and above. I didnt fail once for three challenges this time. The 10 royal tokens grand prize is ridiculous though but mind that you will do the whole quest without effort since looks like it’s designed to match the event tasks... so youll get 10 royal tokens either way if you keep playing the event without even trying to finish the quest... i agree its a rip off though... you can get all (or most of) the items for usd 12.90 in the pc version. I have sims pc but havent played it much so i dont know if it has the career but im pretty sure the career will just reward the missing items like the sofa, paintings, and different windows.
——
It is a nice update though, i just like the blue splash screen and the new icon.
Message 19 of 30 (1,378 Views)

★ Guide

Why do a career that has to be shoved into an already overflowing space? It would have made more sense to have the event at the nightclub and offer an event promoter career where we put together a fashion event for Moschino, there's tons of room there and it would have allowed for more expansion easily. Or even a catering job at the restaurant where we make food for all the hungry fashionistas. it feels like we are being made dependent on the showdown feature like we were on the llama zoom which most have grown to loathe, and being that the ASOS event was really different than anything else we had its going to be hard to accept that this is the way that was chosen to go here. 

The clothing is way too expensive, and I'm not into the package formula like Freeplay. I don't want this game to be a mini version of Freeplay. :P

Message 20 of 30 (1,347 Views)