The Sims Mobile Update - November 26th, 2018 Patch Notes

by SimGuruMaaike

Original Post

Re: The Sims Mobile Update - November 26th, 2018 Patch Notes

★ Apprentice
Updated the game and all work shifts are still not appearing. Forced stop/restarted phone/cleared cache and still only have 1-2 shift options for work.
Message 61 of 117 (1,529 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@PiscesWoman wrote:
Updated the game and all work shifts are still not appearing. Forced stop/restarted phone/cleared cache and still only have 1-2 shift options for work.

Best option is to uninstall the game and not reinstall it.  #SimsNOmobile 

Message 62 of 117 (1,499 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Part of me wonders if they only did this update ahead of time to compensate calling it an "update" internally to the game. While I am one of those players that think the newer purchased updates are very uncalled for, when there aren't any newer color schemes and textures added, doesn't mean EA can't make it up. Instead of me listing what I dont like, and why the update was a bad decision, I'd like to list things we will hopefully see down the road. 

Please give us more special and valuable bundles to purchase at a lower price ($10 or less), limited edition items, % increase for all item drops for limited time events , even BETTER login rewards.

Since these prices are going to go up and were on a glitchy server still, it's not like you guys can't make up for it. The $20 holiday bundle had a lot of great stuff in it, but it wasn't worth the $20 if you ask me. I would've purchased it if it was around 10~13. Either way, I hope EA really gets their ish together. These developers do work hard, but it sucks knowing that the product manager(s) only see the profit of the game now more than the actual enjoyment of it's players. 

Message 63 of 117 (1,377 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

More than likely I'll be quitting too. The glitches have mad it impossible to play. The greediness is sickening. I've spent good money on this game to see it turn into garbage. #SimsNObile

[Edited by EA_Mai - removing inappropriate language]

Message 64 of 117 (1,465 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Hey guys, EA finally spoke up on this subject:

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheSimsMobile/status/1067652979740749824

8803A9CE-F3AF-4624-A6B3-9549447A12B4.jpeg

What do ya'll think??

The last time they promised us a fix the outcome was the winter update! 🤔

Message 65 of 117 (1,433 Views)

★★★★ Novice
To add on, I have found a couple of glitches:

6. The items I placed in my house kept going missing. I have to place it again and again.

7. My male Sim became a female...... :-)

I’m speechless......
Message 66 of 117 (1,420 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I saw the cash grab coming from a mile away months ago when bugs constantly went without being fixed after each update, yet they always threw in some kind of limited time sale to get you to spend money, or added a hobby/career that could only be bought with simcash or real money. Adding items and room shapes that could only be bought with simcash too. That is why I haven't dropped a dime on this game since the first few weeks of playing, and I've been playing over a year now. More off than on though, with all of the problems.

I was in a play test group and they put out the idea of paying for different colors of items separately, and everyone in my group agreed that it was a bad idea, yet here we are. We saw in the example where the price increased as you wanted to buy another/different color and I made sure to let them know that they were just looking for ways to milk us out of money. This is what happens when you don't listen to your players/customers. 

And I would definitely take that tweet with a grain of salt, because they knew what they were doing. They always know. 

Message 67 of 117 (1,409 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Forgot to mention the fact that they took away EARNING cupcakes. Only way to get them now, if I'm not mistaken, is luck of the draw by watching an advert or the family chest... And *stop me if you've heard this before* BUYING THEM 

Message 68 of 117 (1,424 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

I discovered this * as well! I recently accidentally deleted my game and lost all my progress (level 16), married my bff, made a nice little home. Re installed game yesterday and discovered this *. I’m considering deleting the game again

[Edited by EA_Mai: inappropriate language]

Message 69 of 117 (1,411 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Hi everyone,

I had to remove and edit some posts in this thread because of the language used. We welcome and appreciate any constructive feedback, and expressing your frustration and sharing your thoughts is ok - but breaking the forum rules when doing so is not acceptable.

That said, I would like to share some links:

• Regarding color options missing for items you already owned before the patch, and pricing concerns, please, read this post.
  • For any missing items or colors you previously owned (for example, floors) but you are being asked to purchase again after the update, please, join the discussion about this bug here.
  • If your Sim has no clothes, please, take a look and join here.
  • Rewards unlocked by completing stories should be working as before the update: once unlocked, you would need to purchase it to place it in your home, as with other objects. If that's not the case, please, join here.

As usual, please, let's try to have one thread per bug report. It's the best way to have the information organised for everyone's best experience.

Please, keep the feedback coming in this thread, but be mindful of the forum rules.

Thanks,

-Mai

Message 70 of 117 (1,307 Views)