Re: The Sims Mobile Update - November 26th, 2018 Patch Notes

by Mai653

Original Post

@Mai653 let's hope they keep their promise this time and actually fix all the glitches. The event glitch, item glitch,  child glitch (or bugs, that's all I know of.) And I hope they do this *before* the Christmas quest.

Message 71 of 117 (1,243 Views)

Hero

@EA_Mai wrote:

Hi everyone,

I had to remove and edit some posts in this thread because of the language used. We welcome and appreciate any constructive feedback, and expressing your frustration and sharing your thoughts is ok - but breaking the forum rules when doing so is not acceptable.

That said, I would like to share some links:

• Regarding color options missing for items you already owned before the patch, and pricing concerns, please, read this post.
  • For any missing items or colors you previously owned (for example, floors) but you are being asked to purchase again after the update, please, join the discussion about this bug here.
  • If your Sim has no clothes, please, take a look and join here.
  • Rewards unlocked by completing stories should be working as before the update: once unlocked, you would need to purchase it to place it in your home, as with other objects. If that's not the case, please, open a new bug report and share some more details with us on what's happening. (Screenshots usually help!)

As usual, please, let's try to have one thread per bug report. It's the best way to have the information organised for everyone's best experience.

Please, keep the feedback coming in this thread, but be mindful of the forum rules.

Thanks,

-Mai

@EA_Mai  I opened a bug report yesterday specifically for the mask, reward from Spirited Friendship. This is an item I have unlocked, owned and used in every color available before the update yesterday. I guess that for practical reasons the subject of my bug report was changed and now it's [Open] Having to pay for items that are already owned. There it is, I've paid for this item and, as you said, it should work as before the update. Do you need a new bug report from me? 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 72 of 117 (1,241 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

@EA_Mai

Exactly what @SalixCat said. There are certain rewards which although are unlocked by stories never had to be paid for before, such as the halloween mask and the female top from the 'study buddies' story. I've used both before and never paid, but now I receive a checkout option for it.

F53DFAAA-2C6F-427F-A973-23407053AA21.jpeg

Message 73 of 117 (1,230 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Omg this new update is horrific - EA what the heck have you done! I’m a fairly new player and from the get go, the first thing I noticed about the game was how expensive it was to essentially purchase anything, I’m constantly broke just for trying to make my house/sims look semi-decent. 

I’m so frustrated with how little we can earn through work too, aka work a 7 hour shift and only bring in 270 simoleans? Regardless of career? So with this update and charging for excess for every colour swatch, with an additional cost thrown in on top just to buy said swatched object - I can’t guarantee how much longer you’ll be holding my interest for. This is pure greed. Do better! 

Message 74 of 117 (1,200 Views)

Hero

@Mai653, post your item, player ID, pics and description in this bug report [Open] Having to pay for items that are already owned Standard smile I'm going through all CAS in my game to find out what's missing and will be updating the bug report.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 75 of 117 (1,189 Views)

★ Guide
@SalixCat

Cool, will do! Standard smile
Message 76 of 117 (1,186 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I accidentally spent about 50 SimCash on a color swatch I suppose. I was sleepy when I did the update and wanted to finish buying some furniture. The update included a blurb about a furniture sale.  Overall the furniture is definitely more expensive. I believe I bought a chair color but not a chair.  Crazy, I know.  Really, what were you thinking.  I can't recommend this game because there's no way I would want to start it from scratch myself. 

In fact, I don't want to play it at all. I have already uninstalled, and posted my very first Google Play review: 1 star.  Right after I uninstalled.

#SimsNObile

Message 77 of 117 (1,144 Views)

EA app Team

@SalixCat wrote:

@EA_Mai  I opened a bug report yesterday specifically for the mask, reward from Spirited Friendship. This is an item I have unlocked, owned and used in every color available before the update yesterday. I guess that for practical reasons the subject of my bug report was changed and now it's [Open] Having to pay for items that are already owned. There it is, I've paid for this item and, as you said, it should work as before the update. Do you need a new bug report from me? 

No, no need for a new one, that one is perfect! Missed the link to that report when I was writing my post - added it now - thanks @SalixCat!

Message 78 of 117 (1,113 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

@Mai653 wrote:

Hey guys, EA finally spoke up on this subject:

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheSimsMobile/status/1067652979740749824

8803A9CE-F3AF-4624-A6B3-9549447A12B4.jpeg

What do ya'll think??

The last time they promised us a fix the outcome was the winter update! 🤔

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Honestly,  their response sounds like a lot of backpedaling to me. 

IF EA had been listening to us in the first place, they probably wouldn’t have this cluster**** of a backlash that they do now, on Social media and the bad reviews on the app stores. 

Nothing will I’ll be done until it hits them in the pocketbook   JMHO  

Message 79 of 117 (1,098 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Hello,

thanks for your post.

Im mainly going to repeat what all the other commenters before me have said, but I feel so strongly about this that I had to post.

Its really disappointing that EA has decided to make us pay for changing the colours of items we buy. 

I have paid a lot of cash into this game and I don’t mind paying for good items that I like, but this new update feels like EA is trying to rip us off.

There still seems to be some bugs as I have updated my game and I can’t see the ice rink anywhere.

Kindly consider the complaints of your players as we have been your loyal customers for years and with each new recent update I’m considering stopping playing the sims.

Thank you.

Message 80 of 117 (1,079 Views)