Re: The Sims Mobile Update - June 13th, 2018 Patch Notes

by SimGuruMaaike

Original Post

The Sims Mobile Update - June 13th, 2018 Patch Notes

EA Live QV Team

Hey Simmers,

We have an exciting update with some fantastic new features to share for the Summer season. We’re continuing to listen to your comments and make improvements, so please keep the feedback coming. Below is a breakdown of the key changes in Version 11.0.0, now available for download!

Note: If you are not seeing the Update in the iOS App Store, please try going to your Updates tab and pull to refresh the page.

Surprising Choices
We’re introducing a new feature where you can make fun choices to earn valuable bonuses. Here’s how it works!

• Starting at Level 10, you will occasionally receive “A Surprising Choice” moment
  • The situation will be outlined by the Sims, and you’ll then be presented with a variety of choices on how to react to the news
  • The tradeoffs of each choice will be displayed, and you may choose which one to pursue
  • Choices may result in tangible bonuses for your Sim or even timed discounts on home items

Speeding Up Events
We wanted to provide more fun ways for players to use Cupcakes throughout the game. Now at the start of Events, you may spend Cupcakes to speed up the Event right from the start. You will also receive a bonus reward for using Cupcakes at the start or during an event!

Pro tip: Combine this with your Surprising Choice bonuses to get the most out of your timed rewards!

Heirloom Revisions
Heirlooms have long been a fundamental part of The Sims Mobile, but were often relegated to just Sim retirement. We wanted to make Heirlooms more consistent as part of the experience, so below are all the key changes made to Heirlooms in this update:

• Upon reaching Level 16 you can now earn Heirloom Tickets from completing Story Chapters throughout the game
  • You may also earn Heirloom Tickets and other rewards from the Free Family Chest in the new Heirloom Storefront. Be sure to check back every day to collect the Family Chest!
  • When retiring a Sim, you will now receive an Heirloom Retirement Chest which can be opened in the Heirloom Storefront.
  • Upon reaching Level 16, you can now interact with the new Heirloom Storefront. It will be the furthest right tab in Storefront.
  • At the Heirloom Storefront, you may spend your Heirloom Tickets on a variety of Heirloom Chests to receive a random Heirloom
  • Every day, a different Heirloom will also become Featured, and may be purchased directly for Heirloom Tickets or Simcash
  • The Heirloom Details screen has been updated to provide more context and clarity on the bonus the Heirloom is providing

Sim Trait Switching

• Sims now have the ability to swap their Traits!
  • To do this, simply go to the Sim Info panel / Traits tab and tap on the arrow swap button to choose a new trait
  • Note, swapping traits will cost Heirloom Tickets, which can be gained in a variety of new ways described above

New Quests
We’ve continued to add more goals for you to complete as you progress further in the game. Check your Quest Screen for more details once you reach Player Level 30.

New Collections
Enjoy two new collections which can be found in Build / Buy!

• Farmhouse Living Collection
  • Kitchen Essentials Collection

Key Bug Fixes

• Fixed an issue where some players were not receiving their sticker contest rewards
  • Fixed an issue where Elder Sims were unable to move out from the family portrait
  • Fixed an issue where Hobby reward objects earned by retired Sims were displaying as locked in Build/Buy
  • Fixed an issue where not all Quests were showing up in the menu
  • Fixed an issue where the Cooking Hobby tutorial bubble wasn’t disappearing

Thanks for reading, and all your continued support of The Sims Mobile!
-SimGuruPaul

Message 1 of 47 (4,547 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
EA Live QV Team

Hi everybody!

I wanted to let you know that we have a visual bug in the newest version of the game (11.0.0.167828) that may cause you some concerns. 

When you click on the energy objects (toilet/bed/shower/bath) it shows that it gives you just the base amount of energy, without the energy from supporting objects.

This is a visual bug, your Sims will get the correct amount of energy, with the energy from the supporting objects added to it.

To know what the correct amount of energy is, tap on the energy bar for your Sim and it will show you there.

energy.jpg

We're sorry about this and we're working on fixing this bug.

Message 2 of 47 (4,545 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@SimGuruMaaike Thank you for the notes and all the new items, features, and Izzy being fixed!! ☺

Message 3 of 47 (4,528 Views)

★★ Guide

Thank you for the update on the update––and the update itself :D

It's clear a lot of thought and work went into this, and it's very much appreciated. Cheers all around. 

Message 4 of 47 (4,470 Views)

New update 14 May 2018

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice
Today I woke up with a new update on Sims Mobile and I absolutely love it!! The heirloom boxes are fun and we can finally use our heirlooms tickets!
I am glad that the bin is back in Izzy Fashion Shop, also if we get only 3 gems now when we destroy an item and not anymore 4 as before!
I like also the opportunity to buy some rare items for my house thanks to the “Surprising Choice” moment... but the problem is... they are SO expensive!!!??!
Hot Tub for 2000 simcash?!? Really?? It is more than €30!!! It is a bit unfair Frown why so expensive ?!?
Unfortunately the limit of items to put in our houses hasn’t changed because it still says “item limit” as soon as I try to add a new furniture Frown
Message 5 of 47 (4,418 Views)

★★★★ Expert
“Fixed an issue where some players were not receiving their sticker contest rewards”

Hi @SimGuruMaaike, may I know if this is referring to the sticker contest rewards after the update or will we eventually be getting our missing gems from the previous contest?

Thank you for the latest update! This is the best one yet. Now if we could increase the item limit a lot more that would be very much appreciated! Wink
Message 6 of 47 (4,421 Views)

EA Live QV Team

@terogamusaudiHaz It refers to sticker contest rewards from now, not past sticker contests. If there were any contests you missed the rewards from please contact an adviser for help with that https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/. Standard smile

And thank you all a lot for the feedback on the update! 

Message 7 of 47 (4,338 Views)

★★★★ Expert
Alright, will do. Thank you so much @SimGuruMaaike!
Message 8 of 47 (4,281 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Hi.
What is triggering the Surprising Choices? Events? Or do I get them even if don't do anything?
Also how many Surprising Choices can I get a day?
Thanks!
Message 9 of 47 (3,918 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@Heavyrain211 

@SimGuruMaaike talked about Surprising Choices in her Update description at the beginning of this thread. 😊

Message 10 of 47 (3,902 Views)