Re: The Sims Mobile Update - February 25th, 2019 Patch Notes

by purrsian73

Original Post

EA Live QV Team

@azzajk29 I've checked the game on an iPad Pro 11 inch here, and it shows the game correctly. Please restart your device and if it still looks odd to you then post a bug report here https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/the-sims-mobile-bug-reports-en. We're going to need that picture though. 

@sweet2ukim @NeonBanana10 We're aware some of the items have gone missing, we're working on it. Please post in this thread which items exactly are missing in your game https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CAS-items-missing-after-25th-of-February-update/td-p/7578038/j...

Message 11 of 37 (1,594 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I believe Phantom added a list of screenshots of my iPad version to the link in bug reports.

Opened by myself.

You can clearly see the graphic differences between android and iOS. (iOS being the more heavily pixelated) the wide shot is android.

It did the same thing during the soft launch, one day it was completely crisp and fine and then pixelated. It could be that anti-aliasing hasn’t been turned on. That’s all I can think of which smoothed the edges like it is on android.

Aaron

Message 12 of 37 (1,514 Views)

Message 13 of 37 (1,508 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Thanks Phantom, I’ve been scanning the forum and I’ve noticed I’m not the only one with the problem. It seems the support team etc or designers have opted for phones to be the main usage of the game, the graphics have been optimised, but surely the game can be optimised for the iOS tablet line.

Hopefully we will get a fix/update if people are having this problem.

Aaron

Message 14 of 37 (1,504 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Thank you for listening and acting !!!  🙏🏽😁

Message 15 of 37 (1,500 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

Seems like every time there’s a new patch, new or previously unfixed bugs appear.  One step forward, two steps back 

****My latest issue is Past once Fully Completed Hobbies, Careers & Relationships are re-setting back to lower levels/ percentages.  

This started with the February 25, 2019 Patch update *****

I tried to make a bug report, but I get a message that it’s not

authenticated ?   I had just done a bug report for a different issue so I’m not sure if that had anything to do with not being able to make another report 

my player ID 1003641527859

So Frustrating 

Message 16 of 37 (1,481 Views)

★★★ Novice

I’m so pleased with these additions and changes you’ve made to the game. 

‘I’m exited to play and am loving the styles now available. I have one suggestion/question  

if you lowered the prices to buy things, I feel sure that sheer volume of buying from appreciative

loyal players should keep your profits up just as high. What do you think?😊

Message 17 of 37 (1,478 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

I’m playing on my iPhone 8. The app updated and erased all my data. It took everything and started me from scratch. I paid real money for sim cash too and it all started over.  Please help. 

Message 18 of 37 (1,471 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hi!

I like this game a lot, it's really engaging.

But while the new additions, improvements and birthday/retirement management are great, here's some problems (design and bugs) with the release i've spotted so far:

Create a Sim:

-inability to preview more than one item you don't own at once. Checking to see how items/colors combo together is impossible now.

-preview of socks and shoes isn't allowing you to zoom out.

-Fitness slider resets constantly, I think it happens when you reopen the game.

-"Head width" no longer does what it did before. Before it would widen the whole head equally, similar to how "Head Length" works. Now it only distances face features apart horizontally. the head width stays the same. Can you please add the old one back? Maybe you can call this one "FACE width", since it's an interesting slider regardless.

-"Save changes?" popup is too small. Buttons are too close together. Mistakes will happen.

-About the "body mass" slider, it messed up a few characters. Having a character with high Body Mass is now fully representing fat gain, not just overall mass. Maybe this was the original intention, but now since the fat texture is overlapping the fitness texture super easily, having a character that is both strong and large is kind of impossible. A solution could be in making the weight texture overlap less harshly unless the slider is closer to max.

Relationships:

-Can't see what level a relationship is unless you have a 'story' with them. It was nice to see the progression with your acquaintances, specially in parties. (Sometimes you just haven't decided what relationship type you want to make with that character)

-Since the update, one of my characters, lets say "character B", cannot start events with character A, but character A can start events with character B.

-Clicking on "socialize" button doesn't do anything. the character does not appear even if the area isn't full. This bug either doesn't happen at all, or happens 100% of the time. I think it doesn't work if you just opened the game.

Thanks for reading!

Message 19 of 37 (1,443 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Anyone else place their styling chair to start the career later and it's disappeared ? No option to buy it again 

Message 20 of 37 (1,426 Views)