The Sims Mobile Update - August 21st, 2018 Patch Notes

by SimGuruMaaike

Original Post

Re: The Sims Mobile Update - August 21st, 2018 Patch Notes

★★★★★ Expert

@AngelSpiritMuse wrote:

I have to agree with everyone that the Llama Zoom tasks barely seem worth doing. A few paltry Simoleons, some xp that I have even less use for, and that's it? For multiple long / standard / quick tasks that I have to rush to get done within the timeframe? No thanks. Emily can stay in her van.

I've only done the stupid Llama Zoom once in the past week.  It's not worth the stress, effort and resources it takes to finish.

Message 41 of 49 (1,503 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@BlueWizardRob wrote:

@AngelSpiritMuse wrote:

I have to agree with everyone that the Llama Zoom tasks barely seem worth doing. A few paltry Simoleons, some xp that I have even less use for, and that's it? For multiple long / standard / quick tasks that I have to rush to get done within the timeframe? No thanks. Emily can stay in her van.

I've only done the stupid Llama Zoom once in the past week.  It's not worth the stress, effort and resources it takes to finish.

Completely agree. What is point of Llamazoom to do so many compartmented long winded tasks over 7 hours timeframe. I don’t have that much time to game each day even popping in and out of game.and because it’s on line  signal interference prevents game play. The rewards are no incentive and only help to level you up so when you get to level 50 that’s it same as being stuck at level 40 when that was the limit. The only reward for each level now since update is 5 sim cash so no incentive there either.

If you want to make game more interesting EA start with a revamp of the rewards, how about new clothes accesssories hair etc for sims plus simcash and gems? And on that note we need an incentive to keep doing Same  hobbies and careers and relationships again and again and again so why not Overhaul and change all the current rewards or set up some different ones for when we have to do repeats of these maybe every few months  so we get different clothes, hair, accessories etc or change it so that once earned and repeating a career or hobby etc., give us gems and simcash for making the effort.

Message 42 of 49 (1,444 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

@SaphireandSteel wrote:

@BlueWizardRob wrote:

@AngelSpiritMuse wrote:

Completely agree. What is point of Llamazoom to do so many compartmented long winded tasks over 7 hours timeframe. I don’t have that much time to game each day even popping in and out of game.and because it’s on line  signal interference prevents game play. The rewards are no incentive and only help to level you up so when you get to level 50 that’s it same as being stuck at level 40 when that was the limit. The only reward for each level now since update is 5 sim cash so no incentive there either.

If you want to make game more interesting EA start with a revamp of the rewards, how about new clothes accesssories hair etc for sims plus simcash and gems? And on that note we need an incentive to keep doing Same  hobbies and careers and relationships again and again and again so why not Overhaul and change all the current rewards or set up some different ones for when we have to do repeats of these maybe every few months  so we get different clothes, hair, accessories etc or change it so that once earned and repeating a career or hobby etc., give us gems and simcash for making the effort.

@SaphireandSteel 

@BlueWizardRob

@AngelSpiritMuse 

ICAM with all of you. ... Standing Ovation. 👏👏👏. 

Wish the the developers worked on fixing all the bugs & glitches before throwing this soul-sucking L-Z  “update” at us.

An amazing game going down in flames imo

Izzy’s mannequin is Stilll at the Business Center 

Parties are still Crashing 

Item Limits—still no solution 

I’m back to NOT getting any Adverts....  again! 

How many Bug Reports will it take? 

SSDD 

Message 43 of 49 (1,433 Views)

★★ Guide

At this point, I have essentially quit the game - annnnnd I don't feel like I'm missing much. 

Message 44 of 49 (1,417 Views)

★★★ Newbie

During the recent update the prices in buying land and properties such as the new water front have been hiked drastically. Also there is very limited ways to get diamonds to purchase items from izzy other than to purchase through the app. The prices are ridiculous. Jumping from 1 or 2-3 thousand up to 22+Thousand for 1 plot of land and and over 10 thousand for unlocking a property. I very much so love playing the game I have loved it since it came out when I was in my preteens before it was on the mobile devices. I have made in app purchases but I am not made of money I am a single mother of three with a minimum wage job. This game is a sort of peace for me I can't find any good use if my game is going to be this hard just to expand. Please do something about the prices and the diamonds. Thank you for your time. I play on a lg Aristo 2 and my player I'd info is 1003446361120

Message 45 of 49 (1,355 Views)

★ Apprentice

What is the Chance to Dance career and how and where do you get it started?? Thank you

Message 46 of 49 (1,317 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
I agree with the above sentiments..

I haven't played sims at all, and after discovering this I was hooked up.

I thought, that saving £100 on my monthly expenditure, I will be able to clear the lands/plots for when I started the game..

I still have 17 plots/lands to clear.. and it kinda sour me to play actively as after clearing more land/plots its 22k simeleons now. and its 16k to buy new rooms.

When you accumulate 6K or more simeleons, you spend hundreds to repair a broken furniture.. but if you don't have enough simeleons you can pay as little as 20 or 4 simeleons to have it repaired.
Message 47 of 49 (1,065 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
I am new to the sims.. and don't know how it works.

I used to have just two sims. plan was to have them married and have babies then progress from that. but its difficult to earn simeleons with just 2.
so I'm forced to buy the £10 pounds furniture packs advertised on the game.

since Emily of llama zoom arrived, you can't make another sim unless you purchase something from the store. so now I have 4 sims.

when I have finished the task, I sent all my four sims to do Long tasks on either hobby, career, hangouts. Depending on which level I want to complete I send them there then choose the tasks on Emily's lists, ie: all about relationship, all about hobby or all about career or randomly.

regarding cupcakes when doing the llama zoom . I found out that using by cupcakes to shorten the time of the tasks, we lose. for example, in a long quest, with your energy, which is 30 to start with, it subtracts an hour to an hour and ten minutes before you use up all your energy. when you take a power nap, a toilet break, a shower and a bath, it gives me 50 energy. using all that, brings me to 2 hours or an hour and a half remaining on the task. then I use one cupcake to finish it off or wait for an hour and a half and you have another 30 energy to use.

I only use cup cakes when I'm doing the quest.

as per managing time, I play them twice a day. and the four sims gives me 1500 to 2k simeleons in one day.

its still enjoyable but the current price of the furnitures and land/plots to clear, and new rooms to buy, sky rocketed to a very obscene amount, made me think to actively play the game.

maybe time will tell.
Message 48 of 49 (1,062 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@archangelo-007

That is not how I play the game at all. I don't let those quests control how I play. They want me to buy something? Well, I will only buy it if I have enough. I wont send all my sims to work just to barely have enough to purchase something. I ignore most of the quests, and just play the game by putting my sims through various stories and by attending parties. I still have quests that tell me to purchase a new room, but there is no point in buying it. You get a little more space, but thats it. 

I don't really do llamazoom anymore unless I absolutely need to for one of those multi-day quests. Otherwise, I don't see a reason to complete them since it just adds unnecessary pressure if you are not ready for those tasks. 

I dont spent cupcakes anymore unless they are for a multiday quest just like llamazoom. I let me sims take their time for their hobbies, career, or relationship stories. I rarely even use the energy items such as the bed, bathtub, shower. and toilet. 

For now, I recommend just avoiding llamazoom and have your sims do tasks and save up those simoleans. The game is much more fun when you play at your own pace.

Message 49 of 49 (1,046 Views)