The Sims Mobile Update - August 21st, 2018 Patch Notes

by SimGuruMaaike

Original Post

Re: The Sims Mobile Update - August 21st, 2018 Patch Notes

★★★★★ Pro

ITA. A thumbs down from me regarding the Llama-Zoom! 

I HATE that they use the  Standard &  Long  Shifts. to complete tasks and it ties up 3 to 6 hours away from how I wanted to play MY GAME,

I really don’t want to have to use Cupcakes to speed things up & I hate feeling pressured by the Llama-Zoom stopwatch!  I don’t plan on buying more cupcakes just on the principle alone that I’m feeling a tad extorted by EA these days,  The game is supposed to be fun & should be relaxing, not a pressure cooker daily event  IMO

I hate the way the next task is hidden from knowing what is coming next as it interferes with planning strategic game play,  

I’m glad tickets have been consolidated, but I strongly question the inequitable way they were converted. 

I’m happy that the waterfront is finally opened, but I really expected to see more NEW Relationship, Career & Hobby Stories to keep the game from getting boring. Doing the same Stories over and over is tedious!

With this Update,  I had hoped for NEW Clothing, New HairstyleS, & Jewelry (that was affordable using a mix of simoleans & Sim Cash.

It seems the same old home items have just been regrouped  & renamed with the only additions being only for the new Waterfront activities,  

Would it have killed the developers to have added some bright new colors to the curtains & furniture? 

The jury is still out as to whether I will keep playing, as I really do want to give the changes a chance,  

And, we Still Need for the Party Crash Glitches to be fixed, please.

@wonderwomantbh wrote:

Echoing that I’m not really fond of the Llamazoom thing, at least not if it takes hours to complete and only wields a single llama token as it currently does. This update makes it feel as though the game is no longer accessible for the players that want to progress but can only play casually (and can’t afford to bridge the gap with real currency).

Message 11 of 49 (2,759 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I agree 100% with @katclawsx3s post. The to do list was easier to do and went by quickly.  I get you can do llama zoom more than once a day but I usually manage to do it twice a day roughly.   I feel like you should get more than one llama ticket per session you complete. I do appreciate Llama zooms choice on which group to focus on though. I also like the short and long tasks mixed together but some of the tasks are too long.  I always pick the career one because I completed the other stories. I wish you could change  which group you wanted to focus on. For example, I would accidently pick the relationship session when I wanted the hobby session. I wish there was a way to switch.   

I know you can get cupcakes by completing the llama zoom quest but what happens if those quests run out? The to do list was the only way you could earn cupcakes/ sim cash for sure. Now you have to watch ads or level up to get sim cash. I feel the same about fashion gems. I do like that they increased the amount of fashion gems you get if a party reached level 10 but sometimes it doesnt happen.

I had hundreds of other tickets but with the new llama zoom update, I got around 18 llama tokens (which feels like a rip off). I didn't mind all of the different types of tickets but it does make things easier now.

I think having your sim being able to go on the beach would be nice. Just tapping your finger and they can walk by the water. 

My biggest problem with the update is the rise in prices. Items in the furniture store and land plots went up. Maybe it went because because I was maxed at 40 before the update. I  have 10 pieces of land left to unlock. It was 18,000 simoleons but after the update it costs 5 llama tokens and almost 27000k in simoleons! I get that they want you to keep on playing but seriously? I was able to unlock the the wellness center and science center for that price. Thats the price only for one piece! Who knows how much it'll be for the next section.  

Message 12 of 49 (2,735 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

I am so ticked off right now over this Llama-Zoom “Upgrade” 

So in the Product Insights-(Hobby) what I think is 7 steps you have to:

~ Do 3 QUICK Practice sessions  (approx 1 hour)

~ 1 STANDARD Practice session (approx 3 hours)

~ drink Vegan water from kitchen sink  (takes seconds)

~ check under bed for aliens. (Takes Seconds)

~ use microwave. (second to do) 

~ 1 LONG Practice Session (approx 6 to 7 hours  to complete) OR      Use 5 CUPCAKES to go faster 

So this van hangs around about 7 hours, right?  Do you still need to be there to monitor the Time Frame or will you still get rewards? 

What if you don’t have 4 Sims to help complete these tasks on time? 

(I do, but what about new players starting out,

And, seriously, FIVE Cupcakes?  Hopefully you didn’t have to use any for those annoying Surprising Choices  

It seems to me that EA has set us up to just break even?

How is everyone else managing their game play TIME with all these changes ?

TIA ~ kat

Spoiler

Message 13 of 49 (2,687 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

The actual steps you get are random, but most combinations have at least one step with 3 quick actions, one with a long action and one with 2-3 standard actions.  I've had one with as many as 2 one actions and one with as many as 6 quick actions.

I sometimes just skip doing them.  I don't even try.

The rest of the time I activate the Llamaquest when all 4 of me have finished (my usual is to have everyone do quick actions except overnight when I sleep they all do long actions).  I activate the llama quest and then click the pink checkmark on 1 sim.  I then do all of the trivial options that take essentially no time or energy.  When I get to a step that include the length of shift that my sims were doing, I click the pink checkmark for the rest of my sims.

Note that my sims have the good upbringing bonus, the ambitious/talented bonus to all careers/hobbies with an additional Izzy bonus and all furniture bonuses to all careers/hobbies.

A long shift takes me a little less than 6 hours if I don't help.  A quick shift takes about 35 minutes.

There are anywhere from 1-3 groups of tasks each with 1-7 tasks.

Here is one example.  I got fairly lucky on this one in that my two of my groups only have 2 tasks each and the remaining one only has 4 tasks.  I hate the ones that have more than 1 group of long events in a single group or more than 1 group of standard events in a single group.

IMG_7167.jpg

Message 14 of 49 (2,672 Views)

★ Expert

@BlueWizardRob not everyone is at the level we are to do these events quicker and not everyone has all their sim slots opened. Especially someone just starting the game. Do they get different events depending on level of the game? How does one complete all the tasks in time if they don't have 4 sims, many of the 3 star heirlooms for boosts, all the boots in the house that give you extra energy?  I'm like you at level 41 , almost level 42. I have allot of 3 star heirloom traits, many items in my bedroom and bathroom to give me extra energy that I don't need to use cupcakes if I don't want to. I only have two more land sections to clear and have enough lama tickets to clear the land. 

The only thing I did not like about the to do list was we had to buy furniture every day. Furniture I have no room for, it sits in my inventory never used and we can't sell anything at the moment. I'm sure we are going to get more loot bot events which just adds more junk to our inventory 

Message 15 of 49 (2,650 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

@BlueWizardRob  Thank you BWR for the breakdown on how you organize these tasks.

I still set my Sims on the Long shifts at night, 

but t still feel stressed with this Llama-Zoom.  And “Emily” just adds to my irritation 😂

@Fuzzernutter  I completely agree with you about new players starting out, that mat not have 4 Sims yet. OR.  the Expensive home item boosts for extra energy instead of having to use Cupcakes. OR don’t have the helpful heirloom traits  I,too, wonder if a lower level gets some slack?  

Another thing,  if your Sim changes or starts a new Career or Hobby 

you have to reach 100% before earning the maximum simoleans, if I understand correctly.  Every time you retire a sim, it’s like starting from scratch to get your sims back to higher earning levels, 

At least I think that is the case.  I might need a fact check on that, though 

My Adverts seem to work about 60% of the time & I rarely get blue or purple heirloom tickets anymore. 

Just Frustrated & Ranting.

Apologies to All

Message 16 of 49 (2,628 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

@katclawsx3 I would hope that the lower levels get some slack. 

When you retire a sim, they leave you an heirloom. If it's a duplicaate heirloom they leave you, you can sell those for heirloom tickets. Once you have an open slot you can promote kids, create a new sim, marry an NPC to take in your game or a player can give you a sim in trade ( trade thread in here) . Yes those sims will start from scratch on earning traits, job and career. You can retire sims once you give them all their traits. Once you give them all their traits it takes a few days to get the retirement notice. You dont have to wait until level 10 to retire a sim. if you play them to 10 on job and hobby, you will get more heirloom tickets. Level 10 gives you 3 blue heirloom tickets. Having kids and doing retirement activities also gets you heirloom tickets

If your videos are not working , report they're not working  in the bug section 

Message 17 of 49 (2,619 Views)

★★★ Guide

The land expansion costs actually didn't just go up: before the update I had three pieces of land to clear and the next piece was around 53.000 Simleons to clear. After the update it was only 32.000 Simleons! Also the price increases less than before the update. Before the price went up like 5000-7000 Simleons (at least for the last eight or so pieces) for each piece you cleared. Now the price only increased by 1000 Simleons for the penultimate landpiece to clear. So that's positive!

In regards to the ten additional levels I'm confused: Since there aren't any new collections, styles or clothes to unlock, the levels 41-50 are kind of useless aren't they? There seems to be no difference at all whether you're level 41 or 50... So what's the point? 

Message 18 of 49 (2,616 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@Fuzzernutter wrote:

@BlueWizardRob not everyone is at the level we are to do these events quicker and not everyone has all their sim slots opened. Especially someone just starting the game. Do they get different events depending on level of the game? How does one complete all the tasks in time if they don't have 4 sims, many of the 3 star heirlooms for boosts, all the boots in the house that give you extra energy?  I'm like you at level 41 , almost level 42. I have allot of 3 star heirloom traits, many items in my bedroom and bathroom to give me extra energy that I don't need to use cupcakes if I don't want to. I only have two more land sections to clear and have enough lama tickets to clear the land. 

The only thing I did not like about the to do list was we had to buy furniture every day. Furniture I have no room for, it sits in my inventory never used and we can't sell anything at the moment. I'm sure we are going to get more loot bot events which just adds more junk to our inventory 

I know that most people don't have all of the bonuses and level that I do, but the question was how do I do it, so I shared that.

The most pertinent part of my answer is that I frequently just skip it because I find the reward inadequate for the amount of time/effor/resources that I have to spend to do it. I also liked the to-do list, especially once they added simcash as a reward for high level people, except for having to buy stuff when I was already at the item limit and had nothing I wanted or could use.

Message 19 of 49 (2,594 Views)

★ Expert

@BlueWizardRob I agree. The rewards are not worth the effort. We get 5 sim dollars for leveling up but once we reach level 50 than what. 

Message 20 of 49 (2,581 Views)