Re: The Sims Mobile Update - August 21st, 2018 Patch Notes

by bonnie4595

Original Post

The Sims Mobile Update - August 21st, 2018 Patch Notes

EA Live QV Team

Hey Simmers,

We have an enormous update for you with some of our most impactful changes to date. We hope you enjoy them as much as we’ve enjoyed making them! Below is an outline of the key changes in Version 12.0.0, now available for download!

Note: If you are not seeing the Update in the iOS App Store, please try going to your Updates tab and pull to refresh the page.

Introducing LlamaZoom
LlamaZoom is a brand new feature which is replacing the Daily To Do List. LlamaZoom allows you to take on special challenges multiple times per day, and can be accessed via the LlamaZoom truck at your house or the LlamaZoom button in the UI. Here’s how it works!

• LlamaZoom is run by a new character named Emily! She will ask for your help with certain tasks which need to be completed in a set period of time.
  • Completing these tasks will earn you extra Simoleons and XP within the time window.
  • By completing all the tasks for a LlamaZoom session, you will earn bonus rewards along with a valuable new item, LlamaZoom Tokens!

LlamaZoom Tokens
We’ve been listening to all your feedback regarding the large variation of Tickets in the game, and have decided to merge some of these currencies. Upon updating to Version 12.0.0, all your Home and Sim tickets will be converted to a new, single currency called LlamaZoom Tokens.

LlamaZoom Tokens are earned exclusively from the new LlamaZoom feature, and can be used along with Simoleons to purchase items in both the Home and Clothing Catalogs.

Waterfront
After months of taunting you on the World Map, we are excited to finally unlock the Waterfront District! Waterfront is a whole new district which includes two new venues and brand new career stories. Here’s a breakdown of what to expect!

The Wellness Center
The Wellness Center will provide access to the all new ‘Must Be Something in the Water’ Career Story. Discover the path to enlightenment as a wellness guru, and learn that not everything is what it seems on the surface....

The Science Center
The Science Center will provide access to the all new ‘Rumblings from the Deep’ Career Story. Dive deep into the world of a marine biologist, searching for a new species in a high-tech research lab. Will your research provide the next great breakthrough?

Level Cap Increased
The max player level in the game has been increased to Level 50. Level up to earn rewards like SimCash!

Unlocking Districts and Venues Changes
You will now have more control over the order in which you unlock the Districts on the map. You will also have the freedom to unlock Venues in the order you choose. Explore the map to find the best path for you!

Land Expansions and Room Unlocks
We’ve made a change where Land Expansions and Room Unlocks are no longer tied to Lifestyle score. This should provide more freedom for you to increase the size of your home!

Collection Updates
We’re continuing our efforts to better organize the Home Catalog and give you more Collections, so be sure to check out these Collections in the

• Home Catalog!
  • On a Mission
  • Curbside Appeal
  • Tired Beats
  • Toddler Essentials
  • Colorful Copse
  • Bath Essentials
  • Sleek Sleep
  • Console Gamer
  • Bath Linen
  • Rustic Relaxation
  • Toasty and Cozy
  • Elegant Leftovers

Key Bug Fixes

• Fixed an issue where some players on version 11.1.1 on Android were asked to update to the latest version on iOS version 11.1
  • Fixed an issue where the Fledgling Streamer station was disappearing from the Home Lot upon zone transition
  • Fixed an issue where the Surgeon Career would be set to Level 0
  • Fixed an issue where the Settings menu button was difficult to select
  • Fixed an issue where the fish in the aquarium were swimming backwards or sideways

Thanks for reading, and all your continued support of The Sims Mobile!
-SimGuruPaul

Message 1 of 49 (6,103 Views)

★★★ Newbie
So you guys think it’s easier for people to expand rooms and land by taking away the lifestyle thing and doubling the price? This is kind of odd, isn’t it
Message 2 of 49 (5,937 Views)

★ Guide

I still have a piece of land telling me I need to increase my lifestyle to unlock it. Was expecting the work I’ve done after hitting level 40 to give me a boost toward 50, would have been nice to receive rewards fore the work I’ve done while waiting for the cap increase. Frown

Message 3 of 49 (5,920 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Appreciate unlocking the Waterfront, not a big fan of the Llama thing, though. Was hoping the experience would be higher than 50, too.

Message 4 of 49 (5,853 Views)

★ Guide

Echoing that I’m not really fond of the Llamazoom thing, at least not if it takes hours to complete and only wields a single llama token as it currently does. This update makes it feel as though the game is no longer accessible for the players that want to progress but can only play casually (and can’t afford to bridge the gap with real currency).

Message 5 of 49 (5,843 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

2 new careers coming out soon? This notification popped up when I was downloading the waterfront update. 

update news.png

Message 6 of 49 (5,742 Views)

★★ Novice

i'm not too fond of the new update.. the llamazoom tokens are earned too slowly and even though all the sim tickets/home tickets were a bit too much i think you could have found a better fix. i preferred the tickets to be honest.

and what's up with removing the to do list?? that was my fav feature Devil

it was much more fulfilling getting those green ticks after i completed a task when i knew i'd get decent rewards for doing so.

i doubt anyone likes the new update, apart from the new features that aren't a poor replacement for certain old ones. it's nice that you listened to us simmers and i hope you'll listen to us this time, too Standard smile

Message 7 of 49 (5,698 Views)

★★★ Novice
When are you going to get rid of the flashing yellow arrow in the right hand corner (from last event)? Feels like I've forgotten to turn off my turn signal.
Message 8 of 49 (5,669 Views)

★★★ Novice

Totally agree; land expansion is way overpriced. More difficult to earn simoleans, so can't see how to purchase additional plots. Not a fan of this update at all, it restricts game play and rewards are a joke. We work hard for our money and just got demoted with less pay.

Message 9 of 49 (5,665 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I had thousands of home tickets so I was super disappointed when they were converted to Llamazoom for less. Can you give us your conversion rate for the home tickets?

Message 10 of 49 (5,646 Views)