Re: The Sims Mobile - Introduce yourself!

by VintageStarlette

Original Post

EA app Team

Great idea!

A bit about myself Standard smile

- Who are you?

Mai here :eahigh_file:, Simmer and Community Manager here on Answers HQ, posting in English and Spanish Standard smile

- What is your in game name? 

MaiaM << Mai was too short!

- What country are you from?

The not so sunny part of Spain Standard smile

- Do you play more Sims games?

I do! Currently playing The Sims 4, but I've played many Sims games in the last 18 years!

- What other app games do you play?

I have quite a few installed, but in the last week I've played SimCity BuildIt and Cooking Craze

- What is your favourite Sims game?

I think each The Sims game is special in its own way - very difficult to choose! For example, The Sims Mobile is great to be played on the go - best entertainment for while in the bus, waiting times or while watching TV!

- What is your favourite thing about The Sims Mobile?

As a Simmer, I never stick to the same game mode for too long. One month I can be totally focused on building... and then spend another three in Live mode, not touching build mode at all. On The Sims Mobile I'm currently trying to progress on my family while collecting heirlooms - but I'll be working on my house very soon (once I'm at level 40) and that will take me a good while!

- What level are you currently on in The Sims Mobile?

38 - first time I reach such a high level! Party hat

Message 11 of 113 (2,503 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
Awww Thank You @iChokedCupid 🌎🌍🌏 ❤️❤️❤️😘.
Message 12 of 113 (2,485 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Who are you?  I am Finealta76... as you can see up there ^. I’m an odd, quirky one, with a sense of humour to match. I’m a mum and when i have the motivation (and no demands from teenagers!) i’m an amatuer artist.

What is your in game name? Finealta76 (so it’s easy to find me in game and on here!)

What country are you from? 
I come from the Land Downunder AKA Australia.

No i don’t have kangaroos in my backyard

No i dont say things like “Crikey!”

We don’t “throw shrimps on the barbie” (we throw snags (sausages) and normal BBQ foods!)

and Vegemite and Tim Tams are some of the worlds best edible creations!

**Side note**  If you ever eat a Tim Tam there is only one corect way to do it...

Take a small bite off one corner on either end of the Tim Tam (diagonal from each other for the best results). Grab a coffee, stick one of the bitten corners into it and suck through the opposite bitten corner until the coffee soaks it way up the biscuit creating a mushy biscuit coated in semi melted chocolate and quickly shove it into your mouth before the entire thing falls apart and drops in your coffee.  😁. (If you’re an adult you can do the same with you’re favourite chocolate compatible liqueur!)

Do you play more Sims games? Yep.. I grew up playing the original Sim City on pc (yes, i’m That old) then swtiched to SimCity BuildIt when it was released.  I’ve tried Sims FreePlay, but the people are ugly and walk like robots and nothing is as beautiful as it is in Sims Mobile.  Plus everything takes real life time to complete and i have ADHD, so patience is NOT my virtue!  Talking and typing, however, i excel at... as you may have noticed 😝

What other app games do you play? Well until Sims Mobile came along and took over my gaming life, i used to play Clash of Clans, Crime City, DragonVale, angry birds friends and Scramble.  I have two really chill games that i can literally play for hours when i need the mental downtime, one is The Trail and the other is Slither.io (which is literally me dragging my finger over the screen trailing a snake and eating coloured blobs.  It’s really tranquil lol. Oh and i love Escape the Room games, though most of them are lame these days and far too easy to escape from 😑 

What is your favourite thing about The Sims Mobile? DESIGNING!!  I love the control we have both in and out of our homes and especially tweaking the facial and body designs to make the perfect sim.  I love the quests and special events, well apart from bugs.  The opportunity to have met (continue to meet) and interact with so many amazing people from The Sims Mobile community that i now call my friends.

What level are you currently on in The Sims Mobile? I’ve levelled out at 40, but I hope as the game grows, more levels will be added (secretly prays to the Ea/Maxis Gods 🙏)

Friend code: RWNRWXW – I wish I had an endless friend list too, but as @VintageStarlette said, the limit is 50. I also cull my list frequently and remove players inactive for 2+ days and players who don’t interact with me, unless theyre friends and i know they wont be on for some reason.  I will happily add active players when i can though. 

Cheers! 👌

**EDIT**

Fixed my code finally lol

Message 13 of 113 (2,471 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@VintageStarlette wrote:

Who are you? VintageStarlette. 🖤🎥🌟💋 IRL, I'm a costume designer, homeschooling mom, and occasional freelance writer.

What is your in game name? VintageStarlette

What country are you from? 
South USA

Do you play more Sims games? I'm a Sims Freeplay noob but haven't been very active.

What other app games do you play? I only play Sims Mobile at this time.

What is your favourite thing about The Sims Mobile? I adore all the design aspects of the game, and my play style reflects that. My Sims rarely marry since I create them based on classic Hollywood stars, with a goal of collecting my favorites from several eras. But most importantly, I value my Sims Mobile friends here at AHQ. This is a top-notch community of wonderful people from all over the world.

What level are you currently on in The Sims Mobile? My primary account, VintageStarlette, is at Level 40. My secondary account, HouseofGlass, is currently at Level 27.

Friend code: 6FDE7RT – I wish I had an endless friend list, but the limit is 50. I happily accept all requests when I have room. I do cull my list frequently and remove players inactive for 2+ days and players who haven't interacted with me in a period of time. It hurts to do it, but until EA expands our lists, this will have to do! 

That is exciting.  I also homeschooled my children until they started college.

Message 14 of 113 (2,465 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Wow, @BlueWizardRob That makes three of us here that I know of. Pretty wild!

@Finealta I think Tim Tams should be the first recipe in a new AHQ recipe-sharing thread!!! *hint hint!"

Message 15 of 113 (2,441 Views)

★★★★ Expert

Who are you?

I'm themummyof4, as I have four kids. The youngest used to call me 'the mummy' which is an amazing mummy ego booster! I was a teacher, then hubby and I adopted our four amazing kids; I now homeschool my kids and love it!

- What is your in game name? 

My in-game name is Mumsy, quite a bit shorter than my forum name...

- What country are you from?

I'm originally from the Netherlands, but have been living in England for the past 19 years... so I feel a bit of both, haha, stuck in no-man's land! I do love where I live in England, as it's beautiful here, as some of my Sims' pictures tried to show...which reminds me to make the Stonehenge collage..!!!

- Do you play more Sims games?

Yes, Sims Freeplay, but a bit sporadic now, as I love Sims Mobile so much!! I have a very old Sims castaways on ancient xbox that somebody gave us. The faff to set it up is crazy though, so I hardly ever play it. 

- What other app games do you play?

That's it for now, I go through phases...dropping brick type games or candy crush things, but I get bored after a while. I like Sims, as the game is so varied, so when I get bored with one aspect, there is other parts that will catch my fancy...

- What is your favourite Sims game?

Definitely the Mobile one, as I tend to prefer life simulation things, rather than house design... I don't have the patience to move and build and rebuild, and go through the absolutely endless storage list... every now and then I get the building niggles, then I revamp things, but I like the dressing up and interactions on Mobile. I prefer the Freeplay's hairstyles though...!

- What is your favourite thing about The Sims Mobile?

The friends from the forum! It's the very first thing I do in the morning: catch up on threads! I love the anticipation when parties are planned...

with regards to the game itself:

The stories they live through! I love the interactions, the amazing parties with friends. You won't believe how thrilled I get when they bump into friends!! And trading Sims for partners is such incredible fun, I'm a real sucker for that.

The best thing to come out of my game is the writing I have started. I got so involved with my little people, I decided to write their stories down. Once I started I found I couldn't stop! EA kindly gave permission to publish the stories as a free ebook, which I did! The stories continue, so when I have a good number of chapters I will publish it as well. You can find the book here: 

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/844070

This has also given me the courage to start writing a novel about England/the Netherlands... all thanks to the kind encouragement and support from AHQ forum friends!! I really feel I've made wonderful, kind friends, and it's great reading their supportive messages to others here on the forum; so heart warming!

- What level are you currently on in The Sims Mobile?

I'm on Level 40, but I still have oodles of land to clear, and my lifestyle still needs a few more levels. I would love to see more hobbies and careers. I love the actions, they really crack me up, but I've seen them too often now. New relationship stories would be great too. I love to just watch them though, and I never tire of seeing the prop finding failure/ faceplant...

The picture is at a Roman Villa nearby... Guinevere and Sebastian went for a visit...

Message 16 of 113 (2,432 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@themummyof4 🖤🖤🖤 You give the whole community bragging rights!!! Our author in residence!!!

Message 17 of 113 (2,426 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@Phantomlover1717 Don’t you wish we could have yard sales! I think that would be yet another great idea for the younger players, they could buy our overflow at a discount and we could fill it up again!
Message 18 of 113 (2,413 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@JulesDarling I totally, totally agree!!! It would SO make my day to be able to do this. I'm more than happy to share with new players.

Message 19 of 113 (2,410 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
Oh how wonderful it would be to clear out that inventory! I have been at parties where they don’t even have a stove and I have at least three! @VintageStarlette I did my best to get into your party but I kept getting booted ! 🤨 Not to worry I will get to one sooner or later, plus my hand is super sore right now and that would have made chatting harder. Your house looked beautiful though 😍 I am always crushing on your house ! ♥️♥️♥️
Message 20 of 113 (2,404 Views)