Re: The Sims 4 on iPad Pro

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

The Sims 4 on iPad Pro

★★★★ Novice

What is EA waiting for?

iPad Pro has the power to run the REAL The Sims 4 (and expansions), not that “mobile” version full of in-app purchases to do everything.

Will EA release a TS4 iPadOS version? And if not, WHY, considering I can play a full game like Civilization VI?

Message 1 of 29 (109,236 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@iTunex Though I understand your frustration, I see it more an an irony and frustration with my iPad Pro that it has all this power but I feel that I very much under-use it. It seems to function far more like a giant smart phone, which I find annoying in the end. 

I have an iMac, so having a laptop seemed overkill, but the money spent on the iPad Pro seems an over-pay and underkill for functionality that I actually use. I love the product, but dislike the limitations for my particular usage patterns.

I must admit, I would enjoy if I could run a full version of Sims on it, but....

• The loss of a mouse (or even touch pad) would be a deal breaker for me...
  • The full game cannot be run via touch screen...
  • And... mobile Sims is apples and oranges to the full game. <sigh> Frown

So it seems I'm at an impasse with this idea, imho. Disappointed 

It almost seems to me like a tablet version would be needed for that, but I assume this would take massive re-coding on EA's part, and would require the sale and purchase of another version of the game geared toward tablets. Thinking 

Having said all of that, I am curious. I haven't played Civilization IV. What's different in that game that allows the interface to work on tablet? I may check that out!

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 2 of 29 (109,210 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I was hopeful that Sims 4 would work on my iPad Pro as well... When I researched and found that it wasn't able to run it on my iPad I was disappointed. I was hoping I could have a portable version of the game as I don't like the mobile version so much. It's been a while since I've needed a laptop as my iPad Pro can basically do everything my laptop did and it's more compact. I obviously play the game on my desktop but I'm sad when I can't bring it with me when I travel. 

Message 3 of 29 (109,203 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

It perfectly cable of running the sims 4 maybe in the future Apple will let install Big Sur on the iPads because there computer are going to be using  similar chips but probably a more beefed up one 

Message 4 of 29 (96,335 Views)

No, the iPad Pro is not capable of running the Sims 4. I'm not really sure why anyone would think it is?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 5 of 29 (96,298 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Bluebellflora It definitely is strong enough to run Sims 4. It doesn't have enough space to have all the expansions obviously but it can definitely run the game. I can run Sims 4 on a computer with no ram and If the iPad pro can be used as a computer.... 🤷🏼‍♀️
Message 6 of 29 (89,504 Views)

@MandaLynn92

All computers have RAM. If your machine didn't have any RAM it wouldn't work.

What specific hardware in the iPad Pro makes you think it is capable of running the Sims 4? Can iPadOS support the game? If so, how? Does it include Rosetta 2?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 7 of 29 (89,427 Views)

IPad Pro M1 is here !

★★ Novice

Please, EA, make the IPad Pro M1 capable of running The Sims 4 because it is quick and strong. I am excited to purchase this new ipad, but I want The Sims 4 on it because it will make my day if EA worked on it.

Message 8 of 29 (83,157 Views)

★★ Novice

Please, EA, make the IPad Pro M1 capable of running The Sims 4 because it is quick and strong. I am excited to purchase this new ipad, but I want The Sims 4 on it because it will make my day if EA worked on it.

Message 9 of 29 (83,158 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Jfranz18 

Sorry but EA does not make the iPad Pro so can not change it to be able to run games like The Sims 4. Neither can they change The Sims 4 to be able to run on such a weak device. Yes, I know that it is probably a bit more powerful than previous iPads but there is still a long long way up to a real computer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 10 of 29 (83,142 Views)