Re: The Sims 4 - Roof edge is invisible

by JonaO703

Original Post

The Sims 4 - Roof edge is invisible

★★★ Newbie

I have a unique problem with roofs in The Sims 4. Basically, whenever I have my roofs equal to the walls, the edge/trim of the roof is invisible; you can see through it. However, when the roofs lap over the wall, the edge/trim of the roof becomes more solid and you can actually see it; this happens in both build and live mode.

Message 1 of 5 (1,293 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Bump

Message 2 of 5 (1,279 Views)

Champion

@AbC4706a6684020 Hello!  That's definitely weird. I tried recreating the rooflines but I didn't have the same problem. 

RoofLines.png

I also couldn't get the same camera angle you did.  Are you using any BuildBuy mods?  If so, try removing them and see if you still have this issue.  After moving the mods somewhere (maybe a folder on your desktop) and before opening the game again, delete the localthumbcache.package file located in the Documents / Electronic Arts / The Sims 4 folder.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 3 of 5 (1,245 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Did you ever figure out a fix for this?

Message 4 of 5 (919 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all,

This thread is a bit older now, so it's been locked to prevent any necro-posting.

If you're still having troubles with this topic, please feel free to create a new thread so we can look into this further with you Standard smile 

solaire.png

Message 5 of 5 (877 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help