Re: [The Sims 4 Realm of Magic] Potion of Immortality

by TariaC

Original Post

[The Sims 4 Realm of Magic] Potion of Immortality

★★ Apprentice

I felt that this potion of immortality is useless, because age isn't freeze like vampire,  we had 3 way to reset age/young current with difference path in order to live longer, now people want stay young forever, they would choice to play vampire or turn age off if they don't want to keep clone, remake, or spend more on reward never ending, Now we had potion of immortality but it's won't stop aging, most wouldn't want forever by elder, but rather stay young forever, I think it's best if sim drink potion of immortality on current age, then it's should be freeze that age current, not by elder at end of age. 

Unless it's not intentional?

Message 1 of 13 (49,835 Views)

Champion (Retired)

You can just drink another potion when you are about to age up.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 13 (49,805 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I'm sure some people want to drink once, and want to stay immortality in gameplay even age is on, depend what they roleplaying or storytelling. Potion of immortality should removed that drink again and again or player want sim a immortality in hand of a.i while age is on, depend without vampires. Problem for people want sim that are not elder and vampire but not want drink again and age off.

Message 3 of 13 (49,797 Views)

★★ Apprentice

i completely agree, i feel like the Potion of Immortality should stop you from aging altogether, because that's what immortality has been with the sims since forever. aging to an elder makes you easy to die just from doing any fitness/active interaction. They should definitely make it so you stop aging the moment you drink it, like how vampires work. Or atleast add another potions (which is highly unlikely) to age freeze and get rid of one of the romantic potions because both of them do the same thing.

Message 4 of 13 (49,799 Views)

Champion (Retired)

It is probably done like this to fit into the lore that witches are mostly described as elderly.in fairytales.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 5 of 13 (49,763 Views)

★★ Apprentice

There is reason why it's called spellcaster, not witch and not all witch that old in story, some are young and beautiful in story lore, and some old ugly witch willing to do dark magic to make them young beautiful.  hmmm how about mage skeletal rather than elder, a lich! 

Message 6 of 13 (49,759 Views)

Champion (Retired)

It is called a spellcaster because they didn't want to limit it to only Witch, Warlock, Alchemist aso. These are by the way also predominantly described as old.

Message 7 of 13 (49,741 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

There's another potion you can craft, called "Potion of Rejuvantion" which allows your sim to stay their current age forever. If your sim drinks both potions, then they should stay young forever and not die from old age. 

Never mind, that potion just resets their age. It's description is worded in a way that makes it sound like they'll stay that way.

So now neither of these potions make any sense to me.

Message 8 of 13 (49,720 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@TariaC   Potion of Rejuvenation likely doesn't keep their current age forever, it's only an Adept potion and would negate the usefulness of the Master level Potion of Immortality.

I'm willing to bet it does the same thing as the Potion of Youth and Age-Away Serum from GTW, it probably only resets them back to day 1 of their current age group. They'll need to keep taking it before aging up to stay in that age group.

Unfortunately i've never seen anything that rolls you back to a previous age-group or stay in an existing age group... without mods that is... or being a vampire.

Message 9 of 13 (49,672 Views)

★★ Novice

I tested it in my own game and thought it had worked. Also by the way it's description was written "A potion to allow a Sim to remain at their current age." I thought it meant they would stay that way. But you are right it just resets it.

I'm sorry for the misconception.

Message 10 of 13 (49,651 Views)