The Sims 4 My First Pet Stuff - A stuff pack filled with fur

by EA_Mai

Original Post

Re: The Sims 4 My First Pet Stuff - A stuff pack filled with fur

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

hi @PugLove888,

gravitational and nuclear tests? sounds small pets are really on to something... i wonder just how many of those theories and discoveries they're keeping to themselves.

and hedgehogs are super cute, i think i want them to be in a band too. now, i'm afraid music is an undercover operation for them, though. or they're all part of some sort of top-secret project... and pretending to be simple household pets. the book royalties were a nice touch. XD

OMG, i'd forgotten chihuahuas love to be dressed up too. my sister has a co-worker* whose especially tiny one wears denim dresses. and she is so little she trembles all the time. *i think this person also has a larger dog who wears football teams jerseys. XD

i sometimes feel like i'm overreacting when i take my cats to see the vet... but i don't care any more. Wink they're getting old, and i want to do everything i possibly can to keep them healthy and happy. so i totally understand why you took your dog to the vet after she got the vaccine. <3

LOL. pets following people into the bathroom sounds familiar. Wink same thing happens to me. they're always so offended if they can't do what they want. if the door is closed they will demand to be let in, if it's left ajar they'll just open it. but if you happen to open any locked doors (they *will* demand it), often they will just stare at it, and walk away. :D they just want the power.

one of my cats is part Siamese. i say "part" because her tail is striped. that's a mystery. the other one is a rescue, so who knows... her eyes are yellow and she is 100% white, save for a mole on her nose. because of her size, ears, paws and type of hair, she looks like a mix of Angora, Maine, and Norwegian Forest Cat... even if those are unlikely breeds. i'm sure she is... just Cat! (or Dog-Cat--she is the one who follows me around, eats a lot, stands on two legs when she greets me, and "barks". she can also jump and turn some handles to open doors. XD)

i was very familiar with the purring Pug sound... because it's very similar to my Dog-Cat's! (or now, officially, Pug-Cat!) the other one makes some different sounds in-between the purrs... and also snores really loudly. XD but they sound a lot alike. it's amazing. <3

and thank you! the pictures are *so* cute. that hedgehog has a "look" in his eye... he's no ordinary pet! and i love your Sim, too! Standard smile

Message 21 of 23 (865 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@unseenlarks, yes our Sims' little rodents certainly are a busy bunch! Large smile  And yes, if these small pets were in a band, it would be a cover for some top-secret project! Wink 

Yes, a lot of Chihuahuas shiver!  Makes you want to give them a warm hug! Heart  I had 4 neighbors on my street growing up who all had Chihuahuas! Heart  (And I love that the person you mentioned put football jerseys on his or her larger dog! :eahigh_file:

I know what you mean by wanting to make sure your older pets are as healthy and happy as they can be!  It was that way with my elderly Pug before he passed away!  But then I'm the same with my puppy!   Better to be safe than sorry! 

Speaking of taking our pets to the vet, in the game I tried to have one of my Sims take a stray cat to the vet ... while the cat went with her, the game wouldn't let me check her into the vet clinic to get treated!  I didn't want my Sim to adopt her (she's concentrating on her hedgehog) but I felt bad for the kitty!

Ah, that is one of the differences between cats and dogs! Raised eyebrow  Cats want power; dogs just want to be with their people! Angel My Pug that got upset when he couldn't follow my nephew into the bathroom did this because we got him from a rescue organization.  He had been abandoned before (they found him on the street) so he had separation anxiety!  He hated when anyone left the house or closed the door to keep him out!  

Your Siamese cat could be a mix, or it could just be that she is full Siamese with a genetic mutation that makes her tail stripped.  I know they have genetic tests for dogs, so I'm pretty sure they have them for cats (but they probably cost a lot of money!) But she sounds beautiful! Angel   Your rescue cat sounds very fluffy! Heart  And I think she might be part Pug because my little Pug stands on her hind legs a lot! Raised eyebrow:eahigh_file:  But it is amazing that she can open some doors! Raised eyebrow She's a genius! Party hat  But its funny to think that your cat and my dog both sound alike when they purr! 

I was really fortunate to get such a good picture of my Sim's hedgehog!  It can be tricky to get the camera just right.  I'm really happy you liked the picture!  I need to get a close-up pic of the mouse, and better pics of the hamster and the voidcritter! (I can't remember which type of Voidcritter it is but it starts with a "B".)

I'm also glad you liked my Sim!  Daisy is a very goofy, playful Sim!  That hairstyle and shirt came with the My First Pet SP!  I love the teal highlights with her dark brown hair!  Most of her clothing is a combination of MFP pack, JA pack, and Laundry pack.  I'm just showing one outfit in these pics today, though. 

And my hedgehog has now gotten a thank you card from a Science lab for its contributions, like my other Sim's hamster did.  And he must have gone into space again becaseu I got another postcard from him with an illustration of him wearing a spacesuit.  (My hamster's postcard had him in a Hawaiian shirt!) Large smile  And you are correct! There is a certain look in the hedgehog's eye that tells you its not an ordinary hedgehog! Thinking Large smile

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 22 of 23 (835 Views)

★★ Expert
hi @PugLove888,

small dogs look especially cute when dressed up. it's sometimes their faces seem to say "wait until i can get out of this outfit"... but other dogs just love it. so maybe they also have their own fashion preferences and should be allowed to choose their own. XD

so Sims can't take pets they don't own to the vet? makes me think about how some vet clinics or pet shops have signs on the front saying there's dogs or cats up for adoption and list the "foster home's" number. but people who find them can pay for their treatment until the pets find homes. my neurologist recently adopted a dog, it was found along with other puppies by a colleague of hers, who took them all to the vet to get shots, knowing she couldn't keep any of them *and* before she let people know she had them. that was really generous.

it could be that my Siamese cat has some genetic mutation. i'd never thought of that--just that she was part tiger. she certainly has the attitude. she acts like royalty and very "Siamese if you please" but also lets her bad temper show sometimes! XD

and i keep thinking... maybe my white Pug-Cat spent the first months of her life around dogs. also, she used to be scared of so many things and noises when she was younger but she adjusted over time, and "adopted" me very quickly. and yes, she is really fluffy! <3
it's funny because she often has a confused or clueless look on her face, but then she does really smart things. she is also kind of clumsy for a cat, which is why i want her to lose some weight. especially because, at times, instead of moving like a regular cat, she "cannonballs" from higher places and once hurt her paw after an awkward "landing". it wasn't serious but she limped for a day or so.

i think the small pet you told me about was the mini Bubalus? and the hedgehog in a spacesuit sounds so adorable.

i love your Sim's hair too. reminds me of how i wanted to get blue highlights when i was a teenager, but my parents would have killed me... so i just stuck to solid shades. XD and i often use big hoop earrings, not just to wear myself... but them being the one accessory one of *my* Sims wears.

thanks *so* much for posting more screenshots! i love how every pack has something interesting/fun to research and learn about. =)
Message 23 of 23 (825 Views)