Re: Get ready for Laundry day.

★★ Expert
@jpkarlsen, i have as well... but in the bathtub. does that count? Wink
Message 52 of 65 (883 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Only if it was a Zink tub.Large smile

I did it in a Wood fired boiler that we in older times on farms also used for baths and large quantities of hot water when slaughtering animals.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 53 of 65 (877 Views)

★★ Expert
oh! i must admit... i've never seen one in real life.
Message 54 of 65 (860 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@jpkarlsen

Haha I'm a sailor and a scout, I've also done it the old-fashioned way Wink

Age is not everything! :eahigh_file:

Boiled sea water is the way to go! Luckily Östersjön is not very salty, gets worse when you come "as far south" as you live Wink

Message 55 of 65 (857 Views)

Champion

@jpkarlsen, my late maternal Grandmother had a zinc tub in her basement and I helped her do laundry in it. Standard smile She would also use the old wringer washer! Cool I only helped her a couple of times, since she lived over 1000 miles from me.  And she mostly did laundry in a regular modern washer. Wink  My mom used to hang laundry outside in the summer to save energy, but we had to stop doing this because the clothesline was strung between a cottonwood tree and a fruitless mulberry tree, which often had a lot of bugs and worms in it!  Sick

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 56 of 65 (770 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

How many times have your Sims washed their clothes so far? Standard smile  Hope you are enjoying the pack!

I took these screenshots when the pack released, and I wanted to share them with you (I was on holidays when the pack released, but never too late!):

Spoiler

Laundry1CASLaundry2CAS

She is the Sim I play with most, and as I can't choose between those two outfits, she changes clothes very often. Hopefully, she doesn't mind doing laundry :D

Any favorites?

Message 57 of 65 (715 Views)

Champion

@EA_Mai, while I lost track of how many times I've done laundry in the game so far, I did catch my Sim on fire from forgetting to clean the lint trap!  Shocked Oops Embarrassed  Apparantly it is as important in-game as it is in real life! Large smile  I love all the clothing and furniture that comes with this pack! Heart  I haven't yet tried any "laundry additives", but apparently you can add food and flowers!  I can't wait to check that out! Party hat  (I'm thinking fruit might be more sutible than something like eggs or franks & beans! :eahigh_file: )

My favorite surprise is how pretty the soap bubbles are floating in the air when you do laundry by hand!  They did a great job on that graphic/animation! Party hatHeart

Here are some pics:

Message 58 of 65 (682 Views)

Champion

more pics! Angel

Message 59 of 65 (681 Views)

Champion

And some more: