Original Post

The SIMS 4

★★★★★ Newbie

How to get it? Reply please

Message 1 of 9 (514 Views)

Re: The SIMS 4

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@johnwakers It depends on which platform you are using and which country you live in.

If you are on PC or Mac the easiest way to buy The Sims 4 is through Origin. Here is a link for other authorized dealers by region:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/where-to-buy-ea-games-v2/#trusted

If you are a Playstation 4 user you can try The Playstation Store:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0006-CUSA09209_00-THESIMS400000000

If you are an XBox One user you can try Microsoft.com:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/the-sims-4/c08jxnk0vg5l#activetab=pivot:overviewtab

I've seen the disk versions for sale at stores like Best Buy, GameStop, Target and Walmart if you have those where you live.

Message 2 of 9 (507 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Steam also has the Base Game and all packs (other than the most recent) on Sale at the moment (up to 85% off..)

Message 3 of 9 (493 Views)

★★★ Expert

@Sashas0nic Yeah Steam is another alternative :D

It gets a bit tricky when transferring packs between Steam and Origin though. I know that any DLC packs purchased through Origin will also transfer to Steam as long as you have purchased the Sims 4 base game through Steam. I'm not 100% sure if DLC purchased from Steam will transfer to Origin. Anyhow, it's just something that players should research before making a decision between purchasing through Origin or through Steam. I'll come back & edit this post if I find a definitive answer.

Message 4 of 9 (472 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

I was interested a while back, as I do like playing quite a few games on steam.

Puzzle addict had given an example that I had read.. whereby only the base game is needed for "both" etc.. 1: https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Feedback/SIMS-4-ON-STEAM/m-p/9238607/highlight/true#M31...

Message 5 of 9 (446 Views)

★★★ Expert

@Sashas0nic Yeah that's sort of my question about purchasing Sims 4 content through Steam. It sounds like if I bought any Sims 4 content from Steam then I would have to buy two copies of the base game (one on Steam plus one on Origin) and then run Steam + Origin anytime I want to play it. If I just buy packs through Origin then I only need to buy one copy of the base game and only run Origin. I could be all wrong about this. I've asked these questions on Discord & I'm currently waiting on an answer. I'll update if I hear more.

Message 6 of 9 (423 Views)

★★ Pro

Same, @RandomBuzziness  I had decided against buying it on Steam 'as well', back when I read that post, as there doesn't seem to be any real benefit (I may change that in the future, if so) but yep, the only reason I added it here, is that the player 'seemed new'.. and may not even have Origin, so all good. Thumbs up

Message 7 of 9 (408 Views)

★★★ Expert

@Sashas0nic For Sims 3 content Steam is a great option. During their sales events they've had some amazing prices on Sims 3 expansion packs that more than offset the cost of purchasing an additional copy of the base game. Anyone interested in Sims 3 (it's still a very good game) should definitely look into Steam. Who knows maybe at some point it will be like this for Sims 4? Either way I'm glad you brought them up. :D

Message 8 of 9 (391 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@RandomBuzziness / @SashasOnic So I have a steam account I use for other games. I decided when I got the Sims 4 to get it on Origin (as it wasn't yet on Steam - it actually released on steam the next day). So I can say steam released the game and expansions very late compared to origin. I do not know if this is a theme (that it will happen with new packs) or if this was because of licencing and was a one time thing.

As for being able to transfer between, Origin has an option to add games via code from other programs (such as steam). Steam stores all of the Sims game codes (at least it did for the Sims3), so you should be able to transfer the game from steam to Origin. I had all of my Sims 3 on steam, and the codes showed up every time I played.
Message 9 of 9 (383 Views)