a week ago
Does anyone know the Not So Berry Challenge? Yes? Awesome, welcome to Not So Berry Challenge Sims Mobile edition.
But wait, some of you are saying you don’t know what the Not So Berry Challenge is, well I’ll give it to you in a nutshell.
The Not So Berry Challenge was created by Lilisimsie and Alwayssimming and is based off of the Very Berry Legacy Challenge (no I will not go into detail about what that one is about, but just know that it has Berries). And the two key features of this challenge are
1) it has a rainbow themed legacy, with each generation being a different color.
2) aside from the fun colors, the main goal of this challenge is to get you to play other aspects of the game that you may or may not have played with.
This edition of the challenge was made with those goals in mind. And each generation (aside from being paired with the usual colors) is given one of the different careers, relationships, and hobbies. So that by the end of this you will have played pretty much all the career/hobby/relationship stories.
Now you’re probably thinking, “Sky, I don’t need a legacy challenge in order to get through all the careers/relationship/hobbies. I could just get one of my sims to go on the grind and complete all of them.” Alright, I will acknowledge this, and while some of you out there may not have had one Sim complete all of the hobbies/careers/relationships, you’ve probably been having your family sims doing those careers, relationships, and hobbies for a long time now. What makes this challenge of any use?
1) it gets you out of the rut of your sims doing the same thing every generation.
2) Accompanying the challenge is a story for each generation. That way your sims are not just on the grind to complete a hobby/career/relationship, they’re actually apart of a story.
3) One word...rainbow. You get to dress up each generation in a different color! How is that not a good reason to do this challenge?
Alright, enough talk, time to get to the challenge.
1. Each heir represents the color of that generation (i.e. hair, makeup, clothing, etc). You can choose to do colorful skin as well, but that is not a requirement (plus, sims Mobile doesn’t have all the rainbow colors in the skin selection. Sad.)
2. The color of spouses don’t matter. They don’t need to be matching the color of that generation, but no one is stopping you if you do choose to make the heir and spouse match.
3. You can also make your heir live in a house matching their color...again not needed, but definitely fun.
4. Every heir is supposed to complete their career, hobby, and relationship unless explicitly stated otherwise.
5. Traits are flexible. You do not have to give your Sims the traits listed below, but they are recommended.
6. Have fun!
1. This is a ten generation challenge, and unfortunately there are not ten hobbies to go with each generation. So be prepared to see a few repeats (not all of the generations will have a hobby that needs to be completed. But again, complete each hobby unless explicitly told not to).
2. I wanted to include all of the career, hobby, and relationship stories in this challenge. However, I acknowledge that not all people will have, say, the photography career. And so I opted to stay with the ones that are included in the game. By included in the game I am not only referring to the ones that you start out with. I’m referring to the ones you can buy in-game with simoleons or life tickets. But if there is a relationship/hobby included that is hard to get (either you have to pay real money or you have to win it from a quest) then there will also be an alternative offered.
Generation 1: Mint
Generation Two: Rose (Red)
Generation Three: Yellow
Generation Four: Grey
Generation Five: Plum (Purple)
Generation Six: Orange
Generation Seven: Pink
Generation Eight: Peach
Generation Nine: Green
Generation Ten: Blue
We’ve now come to the end of the challenge and, not gonna lie, despite the fact that this challenge was already created, creating this edition of the challenge took a long time. I’d appreciate any feedback. And if there is a certain career or relationship story that you wanted to play but wasn’t included in this challenge, let me know I’ll create a new generation for you (with a new color of course). Don't hesitate to ask me if you having questions.