The Mystery is a foot! Return of Surgeon career

by Phantomlover1717

Original Post

The Mystery is a foot! Return of Surgeon career

[ Edited ]

Starting the morning of March 28th 2019, local time, you can unlock the Surgeon career with the Mysterious Benefactor story!

If you already bought or unlocked this story you'll have a little break from the quests because there isn't an advanced quest.  

Here you have the walkthrough so you can plan ahead!

Click to enlarge:

Surgeon.jpg

This career was previously available for players that had the game pre-launch. After some time it became a pack available in the store, with some other items. 
Later it was added to the heirloom section of the store. Where you can probably still find it.
This time around you can unlock it with this quest.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 1 of 18 (5,609 Views)

Re: The Mystery is a foot! Surgeon career rerun

★★ Apprentice

Phantom, this is not personal to you, but. This is not a rerun quest. The surgeon heirloom always was available for simcash, there never was a quest to earn it. 

Honestly, I'm so frustrated, i literally bought this heirloom a few weeks ago. Why would they do smth like this? 

Like I'm happy for those who don't have it will have an opportunity to earn it for free, but those who bought it for 600sc, thats a lot of simcash. And to rest and do nothing through this quest isn't the best solution and it's not good enough.

And there is no advnced quest? At least for the trait heirloom or smth?

Thats not right and super unfair for those who spent 600simcash to biy it. Just shows how EA don't appreciate our money, both real $ and in game currency.

Message 2 of 18 (5,520 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I completely agree with everything Ola said! I know I paid real money to get the simcash to buy the Surgeon Career because it was only available for simcash and not through a quest. I also bought this only a few weeks ago. And EA is not even giving us an Advanced Career option? Even though they’ve done it with all the other careers? This sucks! 

Message 3 of 18 (5,511 Views)

★★★ Pro

Just going to play Devil's Advocate right here. There's plenty of people that buy stuff without a quest like the Hot Tub for example. I actually bought the piano Hobby for 600 Sims cash. And they lost that game. Not everything that you buy would have a quest. I bought the piano for the experience. If you already bought the surgeon career, I am happy for you, and I'm happy that you don't have to do the quest. I hope I finish and get the career so I can have stuff for you at my party. 😃

Message 4 of 18 (5,478 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Sharing here as well SimGuruFrost statement about advanced quests for players who already own the basic heirloom. And yeah, i know he talked about a differenet career, but its been like that for a long time, also for dance career for example. I don't understand why would you change that? Why players who saved and paid 600 simcash deserve nothing? Give us the opportunity to choose if we want to rest through this quest or no, cause for now seems like we forced to rest and to get no content.

So where is our advanced quest to earn the trait??

Message 5 of 18 (5,358 Views)

Unpopular opinion maybe, but after you bought the heirloom for Simcash you got to play the career before the quest. You don't have to do this quest at this moment in time.

It's an option to buy it, the same goes for the internet Icon hobby, you can buy it, but there might be a chance it will get a rerun. 

Personally, if I would've bought it, I would've done so because the price was worth it. If I had bought it yesterday, before knowing there would be a quest I would probably be contacting EA.

Moral of the story, don't buy something that isn't worth it to you.

I changed the title to 'Return of the Surgeon career'. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 6 of 18 (5,334 Views)

Re: The Mystery is a foot! Return of Surgeon career

★★ Apprentice

Good news, however I am not sure I will go for it, as my market square is a ghost City for 6 months or more . Reporting a bug didn't help. I also didn't start the stylist career for the same reason. No clients you know :-(

Message 7 of 18 (5,321 Views)

★★★ Pro

Simsville17 - did you update your game? They put a lot of fixes in it. Most likely the new update will take care of that. I updated my game last night. Not going to lie I was on mobile data and it took me about 45 minutes to download. But there seems to be more people in my town. So if you didn't update my suggestion is: close game first, force stop it, clear cache, restart your phone, update game. of course make sure the safety precautions of making sure that you have your game connected to EA, Facebook Etc. There should be what people in your town after the update.

Message 8 of 18 (5,315 Views)

★★★ Guide
The bug wasn't fixed entirely. While the mannequins were revomed, my Bay Area is still completely empty, so I'm unable to play all of the four careers there.
Message 9 of 18 (5,298 Views)

@simsville17 that is this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Open-Sims-are-missing-at-locations/td-p/6955455

It won't prevent you from playing the careers, also you can always replay a career so it might be smart to unlock it now and keep it until the bug is fixed.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 10 of 18 (5,180 Views)