The Modem Get Locked After Download The Sims 4

by bestboygamer26

Original Post

The Modem Get Locked After Download The Sims 4

★★★ Newbie

HI guys! 

I just had this problem this morning, I know it is not related to the Sims or any kind of the bug but this made me so confused. First of all, my modem get locked by noticed downloaded illegal content. The thing is they said that I downloaded the sims 4 which is not illegal at all. The date is also related of the day I bought the sims 4 ( no extensions ) and downloaded it to my computer. 

There are some possibilities:
1. they thought I downloaded Cracked The Sims 4 but in Origin? ( No way right? )
2. They might think that Origin is illegal game content site? ( Nope )
I still get confused about this situation. Can you tell me why it made them think we downloaded a The Sims 4 Legacy Edition? 

Spec: Network provider - Optimum

Message 1 of 3 (183 Views)

Re: The Modem Get Locked After Download The Sims 4

@bestboygamer26  If you downloaded Sims 4 from Origin, it's a legitimate version, not a crack.  You may have downloaded the Legacy Edition too: it functions as an add-on, like an expansion pack.  And its mere presence on your computer doesn't mean you're actually playing the LE—if your computer can run the standard version, that's probably what it's doing.

Beyond that, you'll need to take up the issue with your ISP.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (160 Views)

Re: The Modem Get Locked After Download The Sims 4

★★★★ Guide
@bestboygamer26 Can't really help you unless your more specific, there are many reasons, game after you download it uses the internet to confirm you bought the game, this is mostly for games you buy with codes or DVD's. Sometimes virus scanners and firewalls will sometimes think the game is a virus because save files in games increase in size like virus files.
Message 3 of 3 (159 Views)