Re: The Lighting in World Is Broken

by Sid1701d9

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

There are so many different causes of lights going out, from City Living to Island Living to Eco Living Remember Eco living jobs the policy of environmental  manager effect all worlds in the Sims 4 as they are global policies.  If you have Ecco Living the neighborhood could be going through a no power day.  Also in City living the Street lights can fail at times, you can sometimes repair them and get handiness if you beat the landlord to it.

Edit: I also forgot to add during the Winter season the Sun sets earlier at night and in the Summer sets later.  The light is dimmer as the Suns rays do not shine directly at the location but scatter at a angle giving a dimish glow as Summer returns the Daylight will get brighter.

Message 11 of 22 (959 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@Sid1701d9 This is a test save and I have all NPC voting for NAPs disabled. So no NAP effects and all neighborhoods outside of Evergreen Harbor have neutral Eco footprints. The best way I can describe the issue is that the street lights are on but they are only illuminating objects (i.e. park benches, trees, landscaping) and not the ground itself. The ground looks unnaturally dark, even the pavement in San Myshuno looks almost black at night. So the appearance it gives is brightly illuminated objects on a dark, unlit ground. The daytime illumination/ sunlight seems to be working fine for all seasons and all weather conditions, it's only night-time artificial illumination that is not working correctly. It seems to be affecting all worlds outside of Evergreen Harbor, but as soon as my Sim moves away from Evergreen Harbor all of the other worlds go back to looking normal again at night. 

Edit: OK I tried one more test in a different neighborhood in Evergreen Harbor. In this test I moved a Sim into one of the apartments in the Conifer Station neighborhood and I had her visit the Spice Market in San Myshuno at night. There are no NAPs in effect in San Myshuno and its Eco footprint is neutral. Here's a pic of the weird lighting issue. The streetlights around the basketball court are on but they appear to be illuminating only the objects in the area with the ground being in almost complete darkness.

Light test 1.JPG

I quit the game and reloaded the same save so I would be re-playing the same day in my game. This time my Sim was living in San Myshuno rather than Evergreen Harbor. Here is a pic of the same area around the basketball court  in the Spice Market with normal lighting with the streetlights illuminating the ground/pavement as well as other objects. This pic was on the same day, the same weather, and about the same time of night as the other pic.

Light test 2.JPG

I'm getting the same results in other worlds and the weird lighting is even more noticeable in Newcrest and Brindleton Bay. It appears that I am getting the weird lighting issue every night in all worlds if I play a Sim living in Evergreen Harbor and the lighting goes back to normal if my Sim lives in any other world.

Message 12 of 22 (933 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@RandomBuzziness 

Wow, so the graphics in other worlds render differently if the sim is from Evergreen?  It looks like the game is attempting to maybe draw or handle the neighborhood overlays in other neighborhoods and not being totally successful. Yet another thing broken in ECO living. Is anything in that pack NOT broken?

ThePsycho

Accept as Solution button - If a post answers your question please let everyone know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 13 of 22 (898 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@RandomBuzzinessLike I said before check the Global Policies set in IL, Island Living Environmental Manager, if you have a sim in that career they can set global policies that effect all worlds and not just a single world or neighborhood, though policies won't shut off with NAP disabled because they are part of a different system called GAP set by a environmental manager. Here are the possible causes since its effecting all neighborhoods except for EverGreen Harbor, it is most likely this, Energy Curfew, power goes out every night a 12:00am in all worlds.

Edit: Evergreen Harbor was installed after the global policy went into affect so didn't get the effect of the environmental manager.  However it could also be your graphics settings on the game for your graphics card.  However, disabled neighborhood action plans disabled new ones, but the ones in effect are still active it only freezes them.

Edit: I almost forgot in sam myshuno if someone that lives in the apartment building forgot to pay their bills the lights from the buildings will shut off which will make the street seam darker.  Some buildings have lights that light up the street.

Message 14 of 22 (880 Views)

★★★★ Guide

someone with this issue should post it to the bug forum!

i did not mention it now because i did not change any footprint to a neighbourhood as i stoped gaming after three days of getting sick by some bugs...

Message 15 of 22 (849 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've just installed eco lifestyle and the same thing has happened to me - the lighting itself is on but it doesn't light the objects around it so my previously lit up garden now is dark with little light dots around the ground.

Also my basement lights dont come on at all. Rest of the house lights do but my basement is in darkness.

Help Frown

Message 16 of 22 (777 Views)

★ Guide

This bug is totally caused by living in Evergreen Harbour. Still an issue to this day! Hope this is fixed ASAP. It's been 2 years now!

Message 17 of 22 (477 Views)

★ Guide

These are some comparison pictures I've attached of how the lighting looked like before (the glow on the ground is completely gone now) I think they're called light maps, but I'm not an expert. Unsure why it would affect other worlds by simply living in Evergreen Harbour, but it does!

Message 18 of 22 (477 Views)

★ Pro
@LunarBritney You have an aurora borealis going on in the first pic. That will light up the whole world, including the ground.
Message 19 of 22 (456 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@LunarBritney You need to make a bug report, in the bug reports section. This thread I think will get shut for necro-posting. So make a bugreport for ease for the sims team & QA to track and fix the bug
Message 20 of 22 (440 Views)