The Goth Family through the ages!

by SimmeringPassion

Original Post

The Goth Family through the ages!

[ Edited ]

Sul Sul Simmers!

Just a quick thought about The Sims Goth Family! All the way from ps2 to pc!

I’m just going to be explaining my thoughts about them and would love to hear your thoughts too!

Just a quick thought about Mimi Landgraab though before we start!

Sims bustin’ Out:

I loved every lot because of the unique details and styles but one that really took my heart was Mimi’s place!

Maybe because I’m a female and it just screamed femininity but to me it was just such a clean spacious living environment that I never wanted my sim to move out of! I loved the egg chairs because it was just so what I was into when I was younger and still am today!

I wish to recreate Mimi and her house from bustin out into the sims 4 just for the banter although I won’t have the egg chairs I will put base game items into the positions and then another version will be with maybe mods that I have found with links to them depending on which one I want to do at the time of creation!

Favourite sim:

Of course is Mimi Landgraab! (But you cant beat mums character though! I loved the robe, face mask with the cucumbers on her eyes, those retro hair rollers and you can’t forget the snuggly matching pink slippers!)

Moving onto the main topic at hand!

The Goth Family:

The Goth Family is one of the most famous families in the series of the sims, with many thoughts and feelings about Bella Goth going missing, to her husband Mortimer looking after the children or in some cases just child! (Cassandra and Alexander)

What I appreciate is The Sims 4 allowing us to have not only the quality of graphics but the freedom to have our own choices of how their story goes on throughout their timeline, if Bella goes missing she has a choice of coming back or not. It’s all up to us! We can make up the reason of why she left too!

Whether that be a reason to examine alien life, her being abducted by aliens or just having a crisis and leaving all she has behind with no warning. Whatever the reason may be I know I have certainly had loads of fun making different storylines!

The possibilities are surely endless and I love each and every one of them!

(Below is a picture of the Goths from Sims Bustin’ Out)

IMG_5299.jpeg

In Sims Bustin’ out the Goths have been a moment of interest as long as other sims for me but I have noticed that The Goths have stayed and they’re definitely there to stay! Whether those liked it or not!

When I had my first meeting with the Goths in sims bustin’ out, I didn’t like them as much as I do now, the features were cool in their house, I enjoyed the organ, the special fern mission which took me forever to find! The clothing that the Goths styled too was so cool to me that I wanted a what I called it a “Bella Dress” for when I got older in younger self my words!

I liked seeing the crystal ball table too in their house! That was fun too use with them! This is the Goths pre children though so it’s just Bella and Mortimer!

Moving onto The Sims 2 Goths version for the PC now!

IMG_5298.jpeg

The Sims 2 Goth Family was Bella was out of the house due to her disappearance, Mortimer was picking up the pieces from his wife’s disappearing act, Cassandra was blooming into an adult and having eyes for the towns Casanova, Don Lothario and Alexander was going through schooling trying to aim for the best grades to take his mind off of his mums disappearance.

The Sims 3 Goth Family Version!

IMG_5300.jpeg

(Sorry if the quality is a bit grainy)

They appeared some what more gothic with a punky feel to them, the style of clothing had a more colourful feel to them too in the sense of punky colours (I hope that makes sense) they look different to the previous game version of them but yet you somehow knew who they were!

Moving onto the supernatural version of them!

IMG_5301.jpeg

They were ghosts living with a human in their house that they lived many a living moment in, finding their bearings in the supernatural realm they walk amongst a living soul who is going about her life, how they find their relationship with one another is a whole different story waiting for you to create it!

I made them all friends and when the sims Helen Hall wanted a relationship she had to have them vetted by the Goths at whether they were a keeper or not. Which was very fun and entertaining for me!

I played sims 3 pets but can’t remember what they look like so going to move onto the Sims 4 version!

The Sims 4 Goth Family:

IMG_5302.jpeg

They are the definition of what you expect them to look like if you’re referring to the old school look of The Sims Bustin’ Out, I love their looks as well as the graphics that compliments the whole gameplay!

I have slowly fell in love with the Goths for many reasons:

First one is being they just grew on me, I went from being impartial to them to now loving them.

The second reason is what’s not to love, the Gothic Family is full of the mystery and freedom that we want and need! Who doesn’t love a mystery! I know I can’t resist one and who loves freedom! We all love our freedom!

Just a quick thought and a little conversation starter!

Would love to hear your thoughts below!

Dag Dag For Now My Fellow Simmers!

Jazzysquares!

Message 1 of 46 (1,430 Views)

Re: The Goth Family through the ages!

★ Guide

@SimmeringPassion ,

Wow...I can't believe I never knew any of this! It's crazy, but I never actually paid attention to the Goth Family. All these years I thought they were just a made up family like all the rest that have made it all the way to TS4. These stories are so cool, though. I also didn't know you could actually create stories like that in TS4, so thank you for letting me know! That is really neat.

I never got Bustin' Out which I now regret lol. It sounds like it would have been a lot of fun. I think that's the only one I never got from the original TS days. I don't know if you remember from the height slider topic, but I never gave TS3 much of a chance, either, so I never got Supernatural as well. I don't know why, but I could never get into that generation of The Sims. Just something about the way the Sims looked and the graphics that didn't stick with me for some reason. I kind of feel like I missed out on some things, but it's okay. I just can't go back to TS3 now with the way TS4 looks, but I know I already told you that lol.

This is a really cool topic, though. Thanks for sharing all this! I'm sorry I can't participate as much in this one. Maybe we'll end up exchanging thoughts in another one some time soon. Large smile

Message 2 of 46 (1,403 Views)

@000Unavailable 

Don't you worry the sims bustin out is surely a classic for sure and TS3 I completely get what you mean! It took forever for my brain to get into it and then when I did it was a madness of getting into then so sims 4 and it’s graphics which was hard but then I can’t live without it now! 

The stories I have made for the Goth Family and the other preset families too such as the Landgraabs are amazing haha the Landgraabs are a family that was in bustin out too but a little different from how they are now, there’s Mimi and Dudley Landgraab which they don’t exist in TS4! 

I love what sims gives me and others like me too! That freedom of RULING THE WORLD! MUHAHAHAHAHA! All jokes aside it was a great game! You also had a shag rug in the game which you could make out on and a vibrating bed which your sim can sleep naked in! 

What families are your favourite and why? Would love to know! 

Message 3 of 46 (1,395 Views)

[ Edited ]

@000Unavailable 

Also I realised that the images just came up as jpeg boxes and it was intended for them to be big images! 🤦🏻‍♀️ 

Message 4 of 46 (1,394 Views)

★★★ Expert

@SimmeringPassion To add a pic to your post just click on the Insert/edit image button:

how to add pics.JPG

The first "Goth" Sim I remember playing is Rebecca Goth from Sims 3 Pets on XBox 360. She wasn't a playable Sim but you could ask her to join your family (or you could marry her) and play her that way. She had the cutest house in the game :D My Sim lived across the street from her. Rebecca was a bookworm and a loner so mostly she'd just stays inside reading her books but she'd come out a few times a day to play with her cat Buttons. If I remember correctly there was a big haunted house called Goth Manor in town and you could own it for free if your cat completed the "Just Nine Lives to Live" quest-line =^.^=

Rebecca Goth.JPG

Rebecca Goth

Message 5 of 46 (1,350 Views)

@RandomBuzziness 

She looks a lot like one of the Bella’s unless I’m getting confused because it’s has been quite a few years since I’ve played sims 3 on pc.

These are just my personal experiences with the games mentioned as I haven’t played them all  but wishing I had!

Thank you for letting me know I think when I edited it I attempted to put the images there but it only let me put three!

I copied and pasted the text the lazy way too! 😉😏🤪😋

Message 6 of 46 (1,345 Views)

The first photo is the sims 3 supernatural and the second is the sims 4 as we know it now! 

Message 7 of 46 (1,342 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@SimmeringPassion ,

So many neat things you've told me about! And the fact that you can rule the world...LOL. I guess all of us here like doing that, don't we? At least the Sims world, any way, because we can't seem to stop playing it! No wonder they go to the computer a lot and play The Sims themselves ha ha.

As far as my favorite family goes, that's such a good question...I'll have to really think it over and get back to you on that one!

Message 8 of 46 (1,337 Views)

★ Guide

@RandomBuzziness ,

It'd be so neat if they added things like that in TS4. Earning things and working for them? That's so cool. The character reminds me of Journey to Batuu though. You can't play a few of those characters, but you can add them to your family which is pretty neat. The only problem I found, though, is that if you change Kylo Ren's outfit and he no longer wears the mask, his voice still sounds like it does when he's wearing the mask, which kind of defeats the purpose of him not wearing it anymore. Frown Then if you try and pick one of the standard voices, it doesn't sound right because he sounds way different than he should.

Message 9 of 46 (1,333 Views)

[ Edited ]

@000Unavailable 

I guess we all do yeah that’s something i have in common with so many people without knowing that’s that I did until this very moment haha 😉☺️😁 I love this place because I can talk to others about sims and know that the people reading are also going to show interest too, like a genuine interest and not a “oh yeah! That’s great I’m glad you like / love that feature or game pack 👍🏻“ 

Exactly we must show a great interest that they are all like OMG I need to get on there for myself! Screw the social sim-teraction (see what’s I did there ? Eh eh?! 😜 i made it so much more cheesy doing that! But I love cheese especially extra mature cheddar!) 

Way to keep me in suspense! I’m going to be lying awake in bed waiting for your response! Haha 😜

Message 10 of 46 (1,332 Views)