The Foodie Trait Needs Some Serious Tweaking

by The_Ratticator

Original Post

The Foodie Trait Needs Some Serious Tweaking

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I'm gonna be honest here. I cannot stand the Foodie trait. I've gotten to where I actively avoid giving the trait to any of my Sims. In concept, the Foodie trait sounds fun. However, you start seeing issues when a Foodie Sim has normal-quality food or drink. Foodie Sims get strong positive moodlets from food and drink that is of excellent-quality or higher, and strong negative moodlets from poor-quality food and drink. On the surface, that sounds like common sense, and it is... HOWEVER, they also get an uncomfortable moodlet from normal-quality food and drink. To me, that is extremely excessive, and makes absolutely no sense. Not to mention, the game's current issues make this trait even more unbearable to play with. I'm talking, of course, about the excessive drinking problem. Foodie Sims will constantly try to autonomously grab a drink from the fridge and sink, and drinks from the fridge and sink are guaranteed to be normal-quality, so Foodie Sims are always making themselves uncomfortable on their own free will. Seriously, what sense does that make?

As such, I would like to propose a potential solution to this problem: Either have Foodie Sims not get a moodlet from normal-quality food or drink at all, or have them get a Fine moodlet from it. I think this is a good compromise because non-Foodie Sims still get a minor Happy moodlet from normal-quality food or drink. To me, this sounds like a reasonable fix.

Message 1 of 3 (749 Views)

Re: The Foodie Trait Needs Some Serious Tweaking

★★★★ Pro
@The_Ratticator I have also thought about this, it’s very annoying. Though I can understand the reasoning behind having foodie sims only liking high quality food, since if they liked normal quality food they would basically be the same as sims without the foodie trait.

I think there are several traits that need to be fixed so that sims with those traits don’t do some actions autonomously. For example vegetarian sims may autonomously eat meat of any kind, and mermaids may autonomously eat fish, and then they become sad about it. It’s interesting that when the first TS4 trailers came out the slogan was “They’re so smart it’s weird.”
Message 2 of 3 (704 Views)

Re: The Foodie Trait Needs Some Serious Tweaking

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

That's why I thought that maybe having no moodlet or all or a Fine moodlet in response to normal-quality food or drink would make the Foodies different from other Sims without the added annoyance to the player, as non-Foodies still get a brief Happy moodlet from normal-quality food or drink. And yes, the autonomy in TS4 is all out of whack. The Sims keep doing things on their own that they don't even like. This Foodie quirk would be less of a problem if they would stop making themselves uncomfortable.

Message 3 of 3 (683 Views)