Re: Thank you - Stay home, play together

by suzushka

Original Post

Thank you - Stay home, play together

EA Watch

Stay home.PNG

Hey there, EA Friends,

In a time where we need to stay physically apart, games can be a source of inspiration and joy.  They bring all of us together, from professional athletes streaming FIFA 20 to fans of the Sims inspiring each other with ideas for new worlds and themes. This week alone, we’ve seen community members helping each other on our forums and giving out XP more than ever. 

To each and everyone one of you, from all of us at Answers HQ and the EA forums:

Thank you.

• For staying inside and helping keep everyone safe.
  • For playing together and staying positive.
  • For being patient and understanding as we adjust our support systems.
  • For collaborating with and celebrating each other.

We invite you to join us in sharing your stories of how you’re staying connected with gaming. Use #stayandplay on your posts so we can see and share all the amazing things our community is doing around the world. 

Message 1 of 12 (2,261 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Arcadia OK, I got a new computer in April. I am finally able to play Sims again after years away. How do we find other players to communicate with? The last I was able to talk in anyway with others was way back in Sims3 yahoo email groups. Umm the world has changed. I am returning after a long time away dealing with rl.
Message 2 of 12 (1,479 Views)

★★★ Guide

Hi @EA_Arcadia - thx for sharing such a positive sentiment! I totally agree! 

And I actually do have an example I’d like to share, but have a quick question regarding the #StayAndPlay tagging request for posts. This would be specific to Twitter posts (as opposed to AHQ forum posts), correct? If so, it might be helpful to include a reference to the Twitter handle(s) where you guys are monitoring for feedback. 

Cheers!

🙃

Message 3 of 12 (1,451 Views)

★★★ Novice
@suzushka I don't do twitter or know how hashtags work. This is all new to me
Message 4 of 12 (1,412 Views)

★★★ Guide

@EA_Arcadia wrote:

We invite you to join us in sharing your stories of how you’re staying connected with gaming. Use #stayandplay on your posts so we can see and share all the amazing things our community is doing around the world. 

No prob, @anne5440 - I was hoping for clarification from EA regarding the part of the original post quoted above.

😉

Message 5 of 12 (1,406 Views)

★★★ Novice
@suzushka ah I got an email with your reply. That helps me. I just am not good a keeping track of forums. I hope to figure it all out. I am trying to enjoy my games more and stay off fb more. lol
Message 6 of 12 (1,371 Views)

★★★ Guide

@anne5440 

That is an excellent goal, my friend. (It’s hard to resist the urge to jump on my anti-FB soapbox and tell you all the reasons why they don’t deserve you as a user. Suffice it to say, you’re def better off playing Sims!)

The email notifications really don’t give you a ton of information. FYI, you can modify how and under what circumstances you receive forum notifications. You can access by selecting ‘settings’ from the drop down menu @ top right. You’ll get a menu that looks like the attached image, and near the bottom, you can see the option for ‘notification settings’.

Have fun playing!

😉

Message 7 of 12 (1,339 Views)

★★★ Novice
@suzushka Thanks, I went and looked at the settings, your attachment helped me locate them. I have learned to reduce what I don't want to see on fb. I use it to keep touch with old friends and family. I have learned not to use it for entertainment. I am slowly learning how to find info about the sims game. I don't know what happened to my old game guide books and don't want to buy those again. I am using online sources that I am finding. I thank you for this forum help.
Message 8 of 12 (1,300 Views)

★★★ Guide

@anne5440

If you’re interested in crowdsourcing, I encourage you to create a new topic and poll the forum community for recommendations re: online sources of info. (There’s a few ways to initiate one, but easiest is prob the black New Topic button (white font) on the right side of your screen when you have a forum board open. I’d be glad to share my own. And if there’s anything specific you’re looking for at the moment, this is a perfect place to get input from some really experienced players. Sometimes you get a lot of feedback really fast - which is beyond awesome! 

🙃

Message 9 of 12 (1,269 Views)

★★★ Newbie
it's really cool thanks for sharing
Message 10 of 12 (1,255 Views)