Re: Tentacle Tree won't grow

by ArchAngel1294

Original Post

Tentacle Tree won't grow

★ Apprentice

When I go to planet sixam, the tentacle tree is just a small patch of dirt (see picture). I made my sims stay there for 10 hours ( he peed his pants) but there was no change. The only interactions I could do with the tree was view it, or get rid of wild plants. Viewing it multiple times did nothing. There were two other kinds of alien plants there - Glow orb & Quill fruit - and they were full grown plants, but they never showed any fruit. I was able to take cuttings of those, and splice them to plants at home and get the fruit that way for my collection. But the tentacle tree won't let me take a cutting. So I don't know how to get the tentacle tree fruit without cheating. Can anyone help?

SimsTentacleTree.jpg

Message 1 of 3 (4,976 Views)

Hero

@ArchAngel1294  Well, it looks like you have the Seasons Expansion Pack. 

You have to visit Sixam in the right season to get the alien plants.  The Tenacle tree produces Fang Flowers in the Spring.  The Quill Fruit is in the Summer and the Glow Orbs are in the Winter.  So you weren't there in the right season.  

Since you only visit Sixam for short periods of time and, without cheats, sims can't stay all that long, you will have to go several days in a row and stay as long as you can to let the plants grow.  Once the plants grow all the way up, then you have to be there when they bear.  They won't bear fruit if you are not there and are just like every other plant in the game which begin bearing fruilt at 5 AM.  So you have to get there before 5 AM and just wait to 5:30 to harvest, you will get the full daily amount the plants bear..

If you get there are the plants are still full size, then you can also take a cutting and graft it to another plant later.  For some reason, when you take a cutting off one of the Sixam plants, the plants will die.  But they do grow back.

Hope this helps.

Message 2 of 3 (4,944 Views)

★ Apprentice

That helps a lot! Thank you! I'll wait until spring :D

Message 3 of 3 (4,917 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help